Update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie to Android 7.0 Nougat using CM14 rom .
Do you want to update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie to android 7.0 Nougat ? if yes then you are at right place . First official CM14.1 build for Asus zenfone 2 laser /selfie has been rolled out and now users can flash the custom rom on their device and update it to nougat .
Both Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone 2 Selfie currently runs on asus default Zen ui based on android lollipop , The company is planning to roll out official marshmallow upgrade for the device , But the users who want to upgrade it to latest android Version can use the Official Cm14.1 rom from the Cyanognemod developers . So lets start the guide on How to Update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie to Nougat 7.0 .
How to install CM14 android 7.0 Nougat on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie .
Cyanogenmod is one of the most trusted and good custom rom developers , Their roms comes with lot of features and upgrades , As already mentioned that there is a CM14 rom available for the device which is a nougat 7.0 based custom rom . The CM14 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone 2 Selfie comes with many features like :-
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- The rom is pre rooted
- Supports themes
- Better battery backup
- Gravity box
- Nougat wallpapers / Themes
- Smooth rom with No hang or lag problem .
What works in Nougat 7.0 Update for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone 2 Selfie ?
As this is the official cm14 rom so everything works in the rom , However if you feel any bug then the same will be solved in the next OTA update .
- This custom rom is only for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone 2 Selfie , So dont try to flash it on any other device it may brick the phone .
- Minimum 65% battery is required to install CM14 .
- 4Gb of space is required in the internal to update the phone .
- A USB cable and Pc is also required to download and transfer the rom in phone .
- It is recommended to follow each and every step carefully .
Steps to Update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Zenfone 2 Selfie to Android 7.0 Nougat .
- First of all Download CM14 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- As Mentioned in the Prerequisites , Download the rom in Computer .
- Now transfer the rom to the root of Sd card or internal memory .
- Now disconnect your smartphone from pc .
- Rename the file to Update.zip .
- Now you have to boot your phone in recovery mode .
- To boot in recovery mode first of completely turn off your device .
- Now press power button + Volume Down button together , Dont release the keys until the smartphone boots in recovery mode .
- Once the smartphone boot in recovery mode you will see many options .
- First of all you have to Tap on Wipe and choose :-
- Wipe Data / Factory reset
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Wipe Cache partition
- Now tap on Backup
- Now create a backup of current rom and all files
- Now tap on install .
- Now choose Update.zip file placed in the root of internal memory .
- The installation will take around 4-5 minutes to complete , After the successful installation you will get notification saying ” Update.zip file flashed successfully ” .
- Now Press the reboot button , The first reboot will take around 3 minutes .
- Thats All !! You have successfully update Asus Zenfone 2 laser / selfie to android nougat 7.0 .
So this was our guide on How to update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Zenfone 2 selfie to android 7.0 Nougat , I hope you liked our guide .