How to update Oppo R7 plus to Android 7.0 Nougat .
Do you own oppo r7 plus ? and want to Update r7 plus to nougat ? if yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How to update oppo r7 plus to android 7.0 nougat .
Oppo r7 plus is a huge device with 6.0″ Screen with full hd resolution and 361 Ppi . The device comes with Qualcomm snapdragon 615 and 4Gb of ram . As the smartphone was launched in 2015 so it still runs on android 5.1 lollipop and till now company haven’t released marshmallow for the device So we dont see any signs of official Nougat update for oppo r7 plus .
Android 7.0 is the latest android version which comes with many new features. One of the best feature of Android 7.0 is the multiwindow feature and in this feature you can easily open another app in a window without leaving the current app . There are some more interesting features like System ui tuner, battery management . So lets start the guide On How to Update Oppo r7 plus to android 7.0 nougat .
Download and Install CM14 Android 7.0 Nougat in Oppo R7 Plus .
So to update the device we will use CM14 Custom rom . CM14 also known as cyanogenmod 14 is a android 7.0 nougat based custom rom that comes with all features of Android 7.0 .
Cyanogenmod is one of the most popular custom rom, Recent version of their Custom rom Is Cm14 and it is based on android Nougat . The best thing about Cm14 for Oppo R7 plus is that it is the official version of rom from Cm Developers itself which means that you will also get updates with more features in future. The rom comes with features like :-
- Cyanogenmod 14 Themes
- New Wallpapers
- New Ringtones
- Multiwindow feature
- Ram management
- Battery Profiles to increase battery backup .
- No Hang or Lag problem
- Switching between apps is smooth .
As this is a custom rom you there are some points and Pre-requirements you have to follow before installing the update on your device :-
- This is a Custom rom so follow each and every step carefully while flashing the rom on device .
- This CM14 rom is only for Oppo R7 plus so dont try to flash it on any other device .
- There should be more then 65% battery in your smartphone .
- Minimum 4Gb of space is required to install the update .
- Cwm or TWRP recovery is required , You can read our guide on How to install CWM / TWRP recovery without PC .
- It is recommended that you download the update in pc and then transfer it in your Device .
This is a official Cm14 build from the CM developers itself and everything is working fine in the rom, So you need not to worry about bugs and other issues . Just for a Quick note below are the major things that are working in the rom :-
- Sim card works fine .
- Bluetooth works fine
- Data Connection
- All Apps works
Upgrade Oppo R7 Plus to Android Nougat 7.0 .
- First of all Download CM14 for Oppo R7 plus .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- As mentioned earlier that download the rom in your pc .
- Now connect your Device to pc using a usb cable .
- After connecting make sure the pc recognizes your device .
- Now copy the rom in the root of sd card .
- Now rename the CM14.zip to Update.zip .
- Now you have to disconnect your smartphone from pc .
- Now you have to boot your device in recovery mode .
- To boot in recovery mode you have to press Volume down + Power button together .
- Dont release the keys untill the smartphone enters in recovery mode .
- After the device enters in recovery mode you will see many options :-
- Tap on wipe
- Wipe Data/factory reset
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on backup and make a backup of all files and current installed rom .
- Now tap on Install .
- Choose Update.zip file
- Now the recovery will ask you to confirm the installation .
- Just tap on yes ” Install the rom ” .
- Now after successful installation you will get a notification ” Update.zip flashed successfully ” .
- Now tap on reboot .
- The first reboot will take around 5 minutes to complete, However its normal and you dont need to worry .
- Thats all !!! You have successfully update Oppo r7 plus to nougat 7.0 .
How to Update Oppo R7 Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Oppo R7 plus to android 7.0 nougat .
So this was our guide on How to update Oppo r7 plus to android 7.0 Nougat, I hope you liked our guide .