How to Install Lineage os rom in Asus Zenfone 5
Do you want to Update Asus zenfone 5 to nougat 7.0 ? and want to download nougat update for Asus Zenfone 5 ? If yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the Asus Zenfone 5 Lineage rom .
Asus zenfone 5 comes with 5.0 inch screen and 294 pixels per inch . For protection of the display there is a Corning gorilla glass 3 coating on the screen which protects the display from scratches and cracks . The smartphone comes with Intel Atom Z2580 dual core processor and 2Gb of ram, Under the hood there is PowerVr Sgx544Mp2 gpu unit which delivers good graphics for videos and games .The smartphone comes with 8Mp primary camera and 2 Mp front selfie shooter . As the device is old so it still runs on android jellybean however a lollipop update is also present for the device to download using OTA update . But today in this guide we will show you How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.0 nougat using Lineage os rom .
Upgrade Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat
As mentioned earlier that as of now there is no official Nougat update for asus zenfone 5 so we will use Lineage os for Asus zenfone 5 and by installing that you will be able to Upgrade your device .
Lineage os is a all new custom rom and it was launched after cyanogen closed its services on 30th . The Rom is similar to Cyanogenmod in looks and users who have already used Cyanogenmod rom will not find any major difference in terms of looks but if we come to performance and stablity then the rom is far better and also comes with some extra features that were missing in Cyanogenmod .
You may also like :- How to Enable Jio 4G volte calling on any android device without using Jio4Gvoice app .
As mentioned earlier that the rom comes with some extra features and the best of them is the multiwindow feature which allows you to use other apps without leaving the app, The rom comes with many other features and some of them are listed below :-
Asus Zenfone 5 lineage os rom features :-
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- No hang or Lag problem in the rom
- Multitasking with multiwindow feature
- By default option to enable root access .
- New ringtones and wallpapers
- New themes
- Battery manager with different profiles .
Installing a Custom rom needs some pre-requirements and points to remember so make sure you follow all of them carefully :-
Points to remember before you Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat :-
- This custom rom is only for Asus Zenfone 5 and please dont try to install it on any other device as it may brick your device .
- There should be more then 65% battery and 4Gb of internal space to Install Nougat update in Asus Zenfone 5 .
- CWM or TWRP recovery is required to flash the rom on your device . If you haven’t installed it Yet you can Follow our Guide on How to Install TWRP/CWM recovery on any android phone without PC.
- Make a backup of all important files and contacts .
- It is recommended that you download the update in your pc .
Everything works fine in Lineage os rom for asus Zenfone 5, However below is a small list of major things which are working fine in the rom and if any case anything doesnt works or you get a error you can check for updates in the updater app and your problem will be solved .
List of Things working fine in Lineage os rom for Asus Zenfone 5 :-
- Sim card
- All apps
Download Rom :-
Make sure that you have done and followed each and everything given in Pre-requisites . As this is a custom rom so you have to follow all steps before installing the rom on your device .
Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Nougat 7.0
- Download the rom in your Pc .
- Now rename the file to Update.zip or whatever you can easily remember .
- Now connect your zenfone 5 to pc using a usb cable .
- Now copy the rom and paste it in the root of sd card .
- Now Disconnect the smartphone from pc .
- Before proceeding to the guide make sure that the rom is present in the internal memory .
- Now you have to boot your Zenfone 5 in recovery mode .
- To boot in recovery mode you have to press combination of keys .
- For Asus Zenfone 5 press volume down + power key together .
- Dont release the buttons until the device enters in recovery mode .
- Now Your device will boot in recovery mode .
- On the recovery mode screen you will see many options .
- For CWM recovery users only keys will work and TWRP recovery users can use touch .
- Tap on Wipe.
- Wipe Data and factory reset .
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe cache partition .
- Now tap on backup, as soon as you tap on a backup you will see progress bar on the screen .
- The Backup process will take around 5 minutes to complete however its normal .
- After making backup go back to the main screen and tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file you downloaded earlier .
- Tap on yes install now .
- Now wait for the installation to complete .
- Now You will get a notification on the screen ” Update.zip file flashed successfully ” .
- Now Go to the main screen and tap on reboot .
- Now your device will automatically reboot and you will see a lineage os logo on the screen .
- Thats All !!! You have successfully installed Lineage os rom in Asus Zenfone 5 .
How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Asus Zenfone 5 to android 7.0 nougat .
As discussed earlier that upto now there is no official nougat update for Asus Zenfone 5 and we dont see any updates coming nearby . So users who want to enjoy the latest nougat on zenfone 5 can simply install this lineage os rom for asus Zenfone 5 .
So this was our guide on How to Update Asus zenfone 5 to android 7.0 nougat, i hope you liked Lineage os rom for Asus zenfone 5 .