Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to know How to update galaxy s5 to android 8.0 oreo if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide to Upgrade galaxy s5 to android oreo 8.0. Samsung Galaxy S5 was launched in 2014 and at the time of the launch, the smartphone came with Android 4.4 KitKat but later on Samsung pushed Android 6.0 marshmallow update for the device.
The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch display which has a resolution of 1920X1080 and comes with a pixel density of 432 ppi. Under the hood of the smartphone, there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2Gb of ram. So as the smartphone is almost 3 years old so it will not get official oreo update from Company so the users who want to Update their Galaxy S5 to android 8.0 can Install Lineage os 15 rom on their devices.
How to Install Lineage os 15 rom in Galaxy S5
Lineage os 15 is the latest custom rom which is based on android 8.0 oreo, The Lineage os 15 rom comes with many new features like the multiwindow feature, battery tweaks, and many more features.
So before you start installing the rom on your android smartphone there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow. So make sure you follow all the steps carefully.
Also Read : How to Update Galaxy S5 to android 7.0 Nougat
Pre-requirements before you Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- The lineage os 15 rom is only for Galaxy S5 so don’t install it on any other device as it will brick your device
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery in your smartphone
- Minimum 4Gb space in the internal memory is required to install the rom
- TWRP recovery is required to install The rom on your smartphone
- Internet Connection is required to Download the Android 8.0 oreo rom for Galaxy S5
Download Lineage OS 15 rom for Samsung Galaxy S5
How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 oreo
- First of all Download Lineage os 15 rom for Galaxy S5
- Now rename the downloaded rom to update.zip
- Now move the rom to root of sdcard
- Now turn off your smartphone
- Now boot in TWRP recovery mode
- Now Tap on Wipe
- Now tap on Wipe Dalvik cache > Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose the Update.zip file
- Now wait for the Installation to Get completed
- Now you will get Reboot option
- Tap on that
- That’s all !!! You have successfully Updated Galaxy S5 to android 8.0 oreo
So this was our guide on How to Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo, we hope this guide helped you and if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below.