How to Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the Guide on How to Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Honor 8 fans and users have been waiting for Android 8.0 Oreo update from Huawei’s side for quite a long time now. While Huawei has not announced any specific date for the update, meanwhile developers have worked hard to make an Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for your Honor 8. In this post, you will be seeing how you can install this rom, prerequisites for this guide as well as bugs of this rom if any. So without wasting much time, let’s start the guide on How to Update Huawei Honor 8 to android 8.0 Oreo.
Update Honor 8 to Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP 8.0
So to update the Smartphone we will use an android 8.0 Oreo Rom. As we mentioned earlier that to update Honor 8 to android oreo 8.0 we will use a custom rom called AOSP 8.0. but before you Start updating the Smartphone there are some points and pre-requirements you need to follow.
- List of Huawei Devices Updating to Android 8.0 Oreo
- How to Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat
Prerequisites before you Update Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery on your Smartphone
- TWRP recovery is required to Flash AOSP 8.0 rom on your Honor 8, Here is the Guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Huawei Honor 8
- Make Sure you have made a backup of all Important files and contacts
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP rom for Honor 8 From Here
Known Bugs in AOSP 8.0 Rom for honor 8
- Cameras not working
- VOLTE not working.
Guide to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Honor 8
- First, boot your device to TWRP.
- Go to wipe section and Choose the Following options
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Now Choose Backup
- After Creating a backup tap on Install
- Now choose AOSP 8.0 Rom you Downloaded earlier
- Now Swipe to Confirm the installation
- Now tap on Reboot
- That’s all !!! Your Huawei Honor 8 is now running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
So this was our guide on How to Update Honor 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo, Apart from the camera, the bugs in this rom are not major ones, I would recommend you to wait for an update of this rom and enjoy the latest version of Android, i.e Android 8.0 Oreo on your Honor 8. Also, let us know what is a favorite feature in the Android 8.0 ROM down in the comments section. If you liked this post, consider sharing it with your friends as well as on social media and also consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!