Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0 Using Cyanogenmod 14 Rom .
Do you want to Update your Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat 7.0 ? If yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How you can update your Galaxy S6 in latest Android 7.0 Nougat . Samsung galaxy S6 is one of the most popular Samsung devices and also it is among est the very first devices that used the corning gorilla glass 4 even at the back side .The Samsung galaxy s6 is a 5.1 inches device with full hd screen, the smartphones comes with Exynos 7420 octa core processor and 3Gb of ram making multitasking easy, Being one of the most popular devices the S6 is also in the List of Devices expected to get nougat update . Not only this but there are also high chances of S6 getting official nougat update . So in this guide today we will tell you How to Officially update Galaxy S6 to Android 7.0 Nougat and How to install Cm14 in galaxy S6 .
Officially update Samsung Galaxy S6 to nougat 7.0 .
As already mentioned earlier that being one of the most popular Samsung device there are high chances that their will be official nougat update for galaxy s6 . So in this guide we will tell you How to officially update s6 to nougat :-
- First of all make sure there is more then 60% battery in your smartphone .
- Now go to settings of your Device .
- In settings you will see about Phone or About Device option .
- Just tap on that .
- Now you will see System updates option .
- Now you will see option to Download and install Nougat 7.0 in galaxy s6 .
- Download the update and install .
- Now make a reboot of the device .
- Thats all !!! You have successfully updated Galaxy s6 to nougat 7.0 .
Please Note that Samsung hasn’t yet released the nougat update for Galaxy s6 . So you will be able to update the device only after company releases it . You can check for Updates on Samsung’s offical Firmware website
Install CM14 nougat in Galaxy S6 .
There are two ways with you can update any device . One is updating by official rom also known as Stock rom and the second one is by installing Custom rom . So to update galaxy s6 we will install Cyanogenmod 14 on Galaxy s6 .
CM also known as cyanogenmod is one of the best custom rom, CM14 is the latest rom based on android 7.0 and it also comes with many feature . As it is based on Android 7.0 you will get all features of nougat and in addition you will get features of a custom rom as well .some of the main features of the custom rom are :-
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat .
- Cyanogenmod 14 .
- New themes and wallpapers .
- New ringtones .
- System ui tuner
- You can do customization’s .
- Battery tweaks for longer battery life .
- Multiwindow option to use another app without leaving .
- Ram management .
As this is a custom rom so there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow before installing cm14 in s6 :-
- This custom rom is only for Samsung galaxy s6 so dont try to flash it on any another device .
- There should be more then 65% battery in your smartphone to flash the rom .
- CWM or TWRP recovery is also required to install the rom in s6 .
- It is recommended that you download the update in your Computer and then transfer it Device using a Usb cable .
- Minimum 4Gb of space is required to flash the update .
So lets start the guide on How to install CM14 rom in Galaxy s6 .
- First of all Download Cm14 for Samsung galaxy s6 .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- Now connect your s6 to pc using a Usb cable .
- Now rename the file to Update.zip .
- After ranking copy the rom in the root of sdcard or internal memory .
- Now disconnect device from pc .
- Now you have to boot your S6 in recovery mode .
- Now after booting in recovery mode you will see many options .
- First of all Tap on Wipe .
- Now Wipe Data/factory reset .
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache partition
- Now tap on backup .
- Make a backup of all files and stock rom .
- Now tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file .
- Now The recovery will ask you to confirm the installation .
- Now after sometime you will get a notification ” Update.zip file flashed successfully ” .
- Now tap on Reboot .
- The first reboot will take around 5 minutes to complete .
- Thats all !!! You have successfully installed cm14 for galaxy s6 .
How to Update Galaxy S6 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Galaxy S6 to android 7.0 nougat .
As this is a custom rom so there are some chances that you might face some bugs and to resolve the problem check for updates daily by opening the updater app in your device or Settings > System updates .
So this was our guide on How to update samsung galaxy s6 to android 7.0 Nougat, I hope you liked cm14 for galaxy s6 .