Last updated on February 22nd, 2017 at 09:47 am
Update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Officially .
Do you want to Update mi 5 to nougat officially ? if yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How to Upgrade Xiaomi mi 5 to Android 7.0 Manually With Miui 188.8.131.52 .
Xaiomi mi 5 is the successor and also the latest flagship device of Xiaomi, The device comes with Snapdragon 820 Processor and 4 Gb of ram . Mi 5 is undoubtedly one of the most powerful android devices and it scored 136875 in antutu benchmark . The Smartphone came with Miui 8 based on android 6.0 marshmallow and now xiaomi is rolling out official Miui 8 based on android 7.0 nougat for Mi 5 .
Xiaomi has started testing Miui 8 based on android 7.0 Nougat for Xiaomi devices and the very first device to get the new update is Mi 5, We have also shared a Guide on How to Update Redmi / Mi Devices to Miui 8 Android 7.0 Nougat
. As we all know that Miui is a highly customized variant of stock android so you will not notice much changes in the New Miui 8 based on Android 7.0 .
Upgrade Mi 5 to Miui 8 Android 7.0 Nougat manually .
Miui 8 based on nougat comes with some minor upgrades over the one based on Marshmallow . Some noticeable changes we noticed were :-
- Switching Between apps in now more easy and faster
- Slight improvement in Battery life .
- Ram management is also improved and now you get more free ram compared to the Miui 8 based on marshmallow .
- More Colors are added in the Doodle feature in gallery .
Xiaomi is also expected to Release the New Miui 9 in Mid 2017 and it is also expected that the new Miui 9 will come with major upgrades and totally different design . we have Also shared a Guide on Miui 9 features and Supported Devices List
This is the official Nougat based Miui 8 update for Mi 5 so there are no special requirements to update the smartphone, However there are some points you should remember before starting the updating procedure :-
- The Update is only for Mi 5 so dont try to flash the file on any other device .
- Make sure there is more then 50% battery in the smartphone .
- There should be more then 4Gb space .
- It is recommended that you download the update in Your pc and then transfer it in your device .
How to Update Mi to Android 7.0 Nougat .
- Now in the updater app you will see settings option .
- In the settings you will see a option ” Choose update package ” .
- Now choose the file you downloaded earlier .
- Now it will ask you to confirm the installation and reboot .
- Just tap on Yes reboot and install Update .
- Thats all !! You have successfully update Xiaomi mi 5 to android 7.0 nougat .
You can check Your device’s android version by going in Settings > About phone > Android version . You will see that the android version is 7.0 Which means you have successfully updated your device to Miui 8 Nougat .
How to Update Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Mi 5 to android 7.0 nougat .
So this was our guide on How to Update Xiaomi mi 5 to android 7.0 Nougat .
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.