Update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Officially .
Do you want to Update mi 5 to nougat officially ? if yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How to Upgrade Xiaomi mi 5 to Android 7.0 Manually With Miui 126.96.36.199 .
Xaiomi mi 5 is the successor and also the latest flagship device of Xiaomi, The device comes with Snapdragon 820 Processor and 4 Gb of ram . Mi 5 is undoubtedly one of the most powerful android devices and it scored 136875 in antutu benchmark . The Smartphone came with Miui 8 based on android 6.0 marshmallow and now xiaomi is rolling out official Miui 8 based on android 7.0 nougat for Mi 5 .
Xiaomi has started testing Miui 8 based on android 7.0 Nougat for Xiaomi devices and the very first device to get the new update is Mi 5, We have also shared a Guide on How to Update Redmi / Mi Devices to Miui 8 Android 7.0 Nougat . As we all know that Miui is a highly customized variant of stock android so you will not notice much changes in the New Miui 8 based on Android 7.0 .
Upgrade Mi 5 to Miui 8 Android 7.0 Nougat manually .
Miui 8 based on nougat comes with some minor upgrades over the one based on Marshmallow . Some noticeable changes we noticed were :-
- Switching Between apps in now more easy and faster
- Slight improvement in Battery life .
- Ram management is also improved and now you get more free ram compared to the Miui 8 based on marshmallow .
- More Colors are added in the Doodle feature in gallery .
Xiaomi is also expected to Release the New Miui 9 in Mid 2017 and it is also expected that the new Miui 9 will come with major upgrades and totally different design . we have Also shared a Guide on Miui 9 features and Supported Devices List .
This is the official Nougat based Miui 8 update for Mi 5 so there are no special requirements to update the smartphone, However there are some points you should remember before starting the updating procedure :-
- The Update is only for Mi 5 so dont try to flash the file on any other device .
- Make sure there is more then 50% battery in the smartphone .
- There should be more then 4Gb space .
- It is recommended that you download the update in Your pc and then transfer it in your device .
How to Update Mi to Android 7.0 Nougat .
- First of all Download Miui 8 Android 7.0 for Mi 5 .
- Now go to the updater app from your app Drawer .
- Now in the updater app you will see settings option .
- In the settings you will see a option ” Choose update package ” .
- Now choose the file you downloaded earlier .
- Now it will ask you to confirm the installation and reboot .
- Just tap on Yes reboot and install Update .
- Thats all !! You have successfully update Xiaomi mi 5 to android 7.0 nougat .
You can check Your device’s android version by going in Settings > About phone > Android version . You will see that the android version is 7.0 Which means you have successfully updated your device to Miui 8 Nougat .
How to Update Mi 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Mi 5 to android 7.0 nougat .
So this was our guide on How to Update Xiaomi mi 5 to android 7.0 Nougat .