Last updated on February 22nd, 2017 at 09:47 am
How to Upgrade to Lineage os from Cyanogenmod without Loosing data files
How to Update Cyanogenmod to Lineage os officially
This guide is not only for cyanogenmod users but the users who are using other roms can also follow this guide to install lineage os rom on theri android mobile . Before you go to the updating guide below are some pre-requirements you have to follow .
Make sure you follow each and every step carefully .
This guide is only for users who are using official cyanogenmod rom .
If you are using any other rom and want to install cyaogenmod then you can find Lineage os rom for your device from here :- Download lineage os rom for android phone .
Make sure there is CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your device if you haven’t installed you can follow the Guide on How to install CWM/TWRP recovery on any android without Pc .
Minimum 75% of battery is required to install the rom on your device .
Minimum 4Gb of space is required in the internal memory to flash the rom . ( It may vary from Device to Device ) .
Download Lineage os for Android phone :-
How to Install Lineage os on Cyanogenmod Rom in android phone Officially
- First of all Download Lineage os rom .
- Now Copy the rom in root of sd card .
- Rename the rom to Update.zip or whatever you prefer but make sure you remember the name .
- Now you have to boot your smartphone in recovery mode .
- To boot your phone in recovery mode you have to press combination of buttons but note that it may vary from device to device .
- Press Volume Down + power button on Volume Up + Power button or Press Volume Up + Power + Home button together .
- Dont release the keys until your smartphone enters in recovery mode .
- Now you will see many options .
- First of all tap on Wipe Cache / Cache partition .
- Now tap on Wipe Data factory reset .
- Now tap on Backup , After you tap on backup a backup file will be created .
- Now go back to the main screen and tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file .
- Thats all !!! You have successfully installed Lineage os rom in cyanogenmod running phone .
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.