Last updated on February 22nd, 2017 at 09:47 am
Download and Install Lineage os rom in Mi Max
Mi max officially runs on miui 8 based on android 6.0 marshmallow and being a mid range and that too a xiaomi smartphone, we can’t expect an official android nougat update for mi max any nearby. So the best thing you can do is install a nougat based custom rom on mi max.
So today in this guide, we will show you How to Install lineage os ROM in Xiaomi my max.
Lineage os rom for Mi Max Step By Step Guide to Install
- This guide is only for Xiaomi mi max Users and Not other Mi users. If you want Lineage os rom for Your Device you can Comment Down below in the comments section.
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery in your Mi max, However, it is always recommended that you should charge your phone to 100% so that it doesn’t shut down i between the flashing procedure.
- Cwm recovery or TWRP recovery is required to Flash the rom on your device, If you haven’t yet installed the custom recovery on your device you can follow our guide on How to Install CWM/ TWRP recovery on Any android Device without PC .
- Make sure there is more than 4Gb space in the internal memory.
- Make a backup of all files and Contacts.
- It is Necessary that you follow each and everything.
- Sim card
- All Apps
- Everything Works fine.
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Comes with many new wallpapers and ringtones
- Themes supported
- Custom font Support
- Pre-rooted and can be turned on and Off manually.
- No hang or lag problem
Install Lineage os custom rom on Mi max
- First of all Download Lineage os rom for Mi max.
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR LINEAGE OS ROM.
- Now Connect your device to PC using an usb cable.
- Now Rename the downloaded rom to Update.zip.
- Now copy the rom and place it in the root of sd card.
- Now make sure that the rom is present in the root of sd card.
- Now you have to boot your Device in recovery mode.
- Now you will see many options on the recovery screen:-
- First of all Tap on wipe.
- Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe cache partition
- Now tap on Backup.
- Now This will make a backup of Currently installed os ( This backup helps to restore the system back to normal if anything goes wrong )
- Now tap on Install.
- Now Choose the Update.zip file.
- Tap on Yes and Install.
- Now you will see a Notification ” Zip flashed successfully “.
- Now tap on Reboot.
- The first reboot will take around 5-6 Minutes to complete.
- So that’s all !!! You have successfully Installed lineage os rom in Mi max.
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Mi Max to android 7.0 nougat .
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.