How to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
So do you want to flash twrp recovery on your Mi 6 ? if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the Guide on How to install custom recovery in Xiaomi Mi 6 . Xiaomi mi6 is the latest flagship device of Chinese company .
Xiaomi is a well known smartphone brand and it is famous for launching good smartphones with affordable price tag. Last week Xiaomi launched the much awaited Mi 6 and the device comes with Powerull snapdragon 835 processor and 6gb of ram . So in this guide we will show you How to Install Custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6.
TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6
So before you Start flashing the recovery on device lets have a quick look at the specifications, Pre-requirements and advantages and Disadvantages after you install TWRP recovery in Mi 6.
|Phone||Xiaomi Mi 6|
|Primary Camera||Dual 12 MP ( TELESCOPIC )|
|Front Camera||8 MP|
|Android||Android 7.0 Nougat MIUI 8|
|Slot Type||Adreno 540|
Requirements before you Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi mi 6
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in your device
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Miui 8
- Make sure you have made a backup of all important files
Advantages of Installing TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
- You will be able to root your device without using Pc.
- you will be able to install Custom roms on your device.
- After you Install TWRP recovery you will not need pc for anything.
Install TWRP Recovery in MI 6
1. So First of all, download this TWRP Image File for Xiaomi Mi 6 from Download button below
2. You should have ADB & fastboot installed on your PC. In case you don’t know how to Install that check our post here.
3. Connect your Xiaomi Mi 6 with PC and Open the folder which have twrp image that you just downloaded. While holding shift Right Click anywhere inside the folder and select “Open Command Window here”.
4. Type the following Commands on the Command Prompt.
- “adb reboot bootloader- it will reboot your device in bootloader.
- Once you are in Bootloader Mode type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” – this will start flashing the twrp image on your MI 6.
- Once it’s done type “fastboot reboot” to restart your device.
- Once the device turns on type “adb reboot recovery” to reboot device into Recovery.
That’s all you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery in your MI 6.
So this was our guide on How to Install TWRP recovery in Xiaomi Mi 6 i hope you liked our Guide and if you have any type of doubt you can comment down below.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.