Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 Oreo? if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide to Upgrade Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0. Galaxy S2 is one of the very first devices of samsung that received the unofficial Lineage os 15 android 8.0 Update.
Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with 4.3-inch screen which has a resolution of 480X800 and comes with a pixel density of 217, Coming to the processor of the smartphone so it comes with Exynos 4210 dual-core processor coupled with 1Gb of ram. The smartphone officially runs on android jellybean however now users can update their device to Latest Android 8.0 oreo using custom rom so without wasting much time lets start the guide on How to Update Galaxy S2 to android 8.0 Oreo.
Guide to Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 Oreo
Samsung Galaxy S2 is a very old device so there will be no official update for the device from Samsung. So the users who want the latest Android version on their device can simply install Lineage os 15 rom for Galaxy S2 and update their device to the latest Android version.
Before you Install the rom on your device there are some pre-requirements you have to follow so make sure you follow all of them carefully before Updating the device.
Pre-requirements before you Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- The Lineage os 15 rom is only for Galaxy S2 so dont try to flash it on any other device as it will brick your device
- Make sure you have made a backup of all important files and documents
- There should be more than 65% battery in your smartphone to flash the rom successfully
- TWRP recovery is required to install the rom without using Pc
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Rom for Galaxy S2 Lineage Os 15
How to Install Lineage os 15 rom in Galaxy S2
- First of all Download Lineage os 15 rom for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Now Move the rom to the root of sd card
- Now rename the rom to Update.zip or a name you can easily remember
- Now turn off your smartphone
- Now you have to boot your Galaxy S2 in recovery mode
- To boot in Recovery mode you have to press and hold Volume up + Home + Power button together
- Don’t release the keys until the smartphone boots in recovery mode
- After entering in recovery mode you will many options on the screen
- First of all Tap on Wipe
- Now Tap on Wipe Data
- Now tap on wipe Dalvik cache
- Now Tap on Install
- Now choose the Lineage os 15 rom you downloaded earlier
- Now Swipe to Confirm the installation
- Now tap on reboot
- That’s all !!! You have successfully Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 oreo
So this was our guide on How to Update Galaxy S2 to Android 8.0 Oreo, We hope you liked our guide and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.