Update Redmi 2/ 2 Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to update redmi 2/ 2 Prime to android 8.0 Oreo? if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with a guide on How to Upgrade Xiaomi redmi 2/ 2 Prime to Android oreo 8.0. Xiaomi redmi 2 was launched in 2015 and no more further updates were pushed to the device.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes with a 4.7 inch screen which has a resolution of 720X1280 pixels and comes with 312 pixels per inch, the smartphone comes with a qualcomm snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 2gb of ram and 16Gb storage. The smartphone runs on Miui 8 based on android Kitkat 4.4.4 but today in this guide we will show you The easiest way with which you will be able to Install android 8.0 Oreo in Redmi 2/ 2 Prime.
How to Update Redmi 2/ 2 Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo
So as the device was launched in 2015 so no further updates were given to the smartphone from Company However the device will get Miui 9 update but again then the Miui 9 update will be based on android Lollipop which is also a pretty old os. So in this guide we will Show you How to Update Redmi 2/ 2 Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo.
So to update Redmi 2/Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo we will use a custom rom and the name of the custom rom that we will install on the device is AOSP . AOSP is a rom which is similar in look to the Stock android os but it comes with many new features and the best thing about the rom is that it is based on Latest android 8.0 Oreo. So Without wasting Much time lets start the guide on How to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 2/ 2 Prime.
Also Read : How to Update Redmi 2 / 2 Prime to Miui 9
Pre-requirements before you Update Redmi 2/ 2 Prime to android 8.0 Oreo
- The AOSP custom rom is for redmi 2/ 2 Prime so dont try to install this rom on any other device as it may brick your device
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in Your device
- Make a backup of all your Important Files,photos and contacts
- There should be minimum 4Gb space in your device to install the rom
Features of Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Redmi 2/ 2 Prime
- Based on Latest android 8.0 oreo
- No Hang or Lag problem
- Battery tweaks that increase battery life upto 20%
- New Design
- New Wallpapers
- New Ui
You May Also like : List of Xiaomi Devices getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Rom for Redmi 2/ 2 Prime
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Rom in Redmi 2/ 2 Prime
- First of all Download Rom for Redmi 2/Prime
- Now you Have to Place the rom in the root of Device’s Sd card
- Now rename the file to Update.zip or ROM.zip
- Now Turn off your phone completely
- Now boot device in recovery mode
- Now you will get many options on the screen
- Now Tap on Wipe
- Now tap on Wipe Data
- Now Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Now wipe Cache partition
- Now Tap on Install
- Now Choose Update.zip file you have downloaded earlier
- Now Swipe to confirm the installation
- Now Wait for the installation to get completed , This will take around 5 minutes to complete
- Now tap on Reboot
- Thats all !! you have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Redmi 2 / 2 prime
So this was our Guide on How to Update Redmi 2/Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo, We hope this guide helped you to get latest android version on your device. And if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.