Update redmi 4 to Android Oreo 8.0
So do you want to Update redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo? if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the Guide on How to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Xiaomi redmi 4 is the latest budget device from Xiaomi in India and it is also the successor of Redmi 3S.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with a 5 inch screen having 720X1280 resolution and 296 pixels per inch, coming to the processor so the smartphone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor which is coupled with 3Gb of ram. The smartphone comes with a 13Mp camera unit at the back end and a 5 Mp camera unit is placed at the front side. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Miui 8 and a Miui 9 Global update is also available for Redmi 4 . So without wasting much time, lets start the guide on how to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Update Redmi 4 to Android Oreo 8.0
So before you start the Upgrading procedure there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow.
Related: How to Update Redmi 4 to Miui 9
Pre-requirements before you Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- This guide is only for Redmi 4 India variant
- Make a backup of all Important files and contacts
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery in your smartphone
- Make sure your smartphone has more then 4Gb internal memory
- TWRP recovery is required to Install the Update on your device, Here is the Guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4
How to Update redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo Officially
- First of all Make sure that your device is Connected to the Internet
- Now Go to The Updater App
- Now tap on Check for Updates option
- Now Wait for the App to check if any update is available for your device or Not
- Now You will see Miui Update on your Screen.
- Now Tap on Download and install
- After Downloading you will get an option to Reboot and Install
- That’s all !!! this is How you can successfully Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo officially
Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo Custom rom on Redmi 4
- First of all Download Android 8.0 Oreo Custom rom for Redmi 4 from Here
- Now rename the file to Update.zip or Whatever you want but make sure that you remember the name of the rom.
- Now you have to transfer the rom in the root of sd card
- Now Reboot the rom in TWRP recovery mode
- After Booting in TWRP recovery mode you will see many options on the screen
- First of all Tap on Wipe
- Now Tap on Wipe Data / Factory reset
- Now tap on Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose the rom which you placed in the root of sd card earlier
- Now Wait for the installation to get completed
- Now you will Reboot option on the screen
- Just tap on Reboot.
- That’s all !!! You have successfully Install Android 8.0 Oreo custom rom on Xiaomi redmi 4
So this was our guide on How to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 oreo, I hope this guide helped you in Updating your smartphone and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.