Update Galaxy S4 to Android Oreo 8.0
So do you want to Update Galaxy S4 to android 8.0 Oreo? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide to Upgrade Galaxy S4 to Android oreo 8.0. Galaxy S4 is one of the very first Samsung devices that will be updated to latest android by using lineage os rom.
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a 5.0″ screen which has a resolution of 1080X1920 and comes with a pixel density of 441ppi, Under the hood of the smartphone, there is Exynos 5410 octa-core processor coupled with 2Gb of ram and 64Gb internal memory. The smartphone officially runs on 5.0.1 lollipop but in this guide, we will show you How to install Android 8.0 oreo in Galaxy S4.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Samsung Galaxy S4
So as the device is very old so it will not get officially android oreo update but the users who want to Update Galaxy S4 to Latest Android 8.0 Oreo can simply install lineage os custom rom on their device.
Lineage Os 15 is the latest custom rom based on android 8.0 oreo and the rom in continuation of the CyanogenMod os, The Lineage os 15 rom for Galaxy S4 comes with many new features and design. So before you start installing the rom on your phone there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow:-
Also Read :
- Update Galaxy S3 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Update Galaxy S5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- List of Samsung Devices Updating to Android 8.0 oreo
Pre-requirements before you Update Galaxy S4 to android 8.0 Oreo
- The Lineage os 15 rom is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 so don’t try to install this on any other device as it will brick your device
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery.
- Minimum 4Gb of space in the internal memory is required to flash the rom
- TWRP recovery is required to Install rom on your S4, Here is the guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Any Android Smartphone.
Download Lineage os 15 rom for Samsung Galaxy S4
How to Update Galaxy S4 to android 8.0 Oreo
- First of all Download Android 8.0 Oreo rom for Galaxy S4
- Now change the name to Update.zip
- Now move the rom to root of sdcard
- Now turn off your smartphone
- Now boot in recovery mode
- Now Tap on Wipe
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe data / Factory reset
- Now tap on Install and choose the Update.zip file you have downloaded earlier
- Now Swipe to confirm the installation
- Now tap on reboot
- That’s all!! You have successfully Updated Galaxy S4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So this was our guide on How to Update Galaxy S4 to android 8.0 Oreo, I hope this guide helped you and if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.