Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo ? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide to Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android oreo 8.0. Alright, so you are having a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and you just took a look at your Friend’s Smartphone which is running on the Latest Version of Android, Android 8.0 Oreo and you are amazed by the Functionality and Features that his or her Smartphone has. This is because of the fact that how awesome the Latest Android Version Android 8.0 Oreo by Google actually is.So without wasting time lets start the guide on How to Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Android 8.0 Oreo has a tonne of features which include the multiwindow feature, battery tweaks, better control over Notifications, better RAM Management and much More. Now you want the same Android 8.0 Oreo on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and that’s the reason you landed on this Page. Well, we are glad you are here as in this post we will tell you How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to Install Lineage OS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Since there is no official Update for Android 8.0 Oreo for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, so we would install a Custom ROM which is Lineage OS 15 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Lineage OS 15 is based on the latest Android Version, Android 8.0 Oreo, and offers a tonne of features which include the multiwindow feature, battery tweaks, better control over Notifications, better RAM Management and much more.
There are a few pre-requisites for Installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy Note 4, so let us take a look at those.
Pre-Requirements before you Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 should have at least 40% battery.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 should have around 3 GB of Storage free.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 should be Rooted and should have Custom Recovery installed.
Note: Don’t try to flash this ROM on any other Smartphone, it is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Download Lineage OS 15 rom for Galaxy Note 4
Now let’s move to the Steps that you need to follow I order to Update your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
Follow below steps carefully to Update your Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Download the Lineage OS ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from above button.
- Go to the file Manager and rename the ROM as “Update.zip”.
- Now Reboot your Phone into TWRP Recovery by holding Volume Up and Power key.
- On TWRP main Screen tap on Wipe.Wipe Dalvik cache, slide to confirm.
- Now go back and Tap on Install.
- Navigate to Update.zip and Slide to confirm flash.
- Wait for the Flashing Process to get Completed.
- Once Completed, tap on Reboot.
- Wait for the Device to get Rebooted.
Warning: You might lose all of your data, so take a backup.
So this was our guide on How to Update Galaxy Note 4 to android 8.0 Oreo We hope this guide helped you, in case you have any questions, then let us know in the Comments Section down below.
Hi, I am Abhinav Jain, a 17-year-old Web Developer, Designer, Digital Marketer and Tech Enthusiast living in New Delhi, India. I am a Commerce Student who is a freelancer and is working on some Awesome Websites like Root Update and Tech Insane