Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1
So do you want to Install TWRP recovery on redmi Y1 ? If yes then you are at right plae. Today we are here with the guide to Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi y1. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is the latest smartphone from Xiaomi and the smartphone comes with 16MP camera at both the end, we recently posted a guide on How to Root Redmi Y1 without using Pc and today we are here with the guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1.
Xiaomi redmi Y1 comes with a 5.5 inch screen having 720X1280 resolution and a pixel density of 236ppi, under the hood of the smartphone there is Qualcomm snapdragon 435 octa core processor . The Redmi Y1 comes with 4Gb of ram and 64gb variant, There is one more variant also which comes with 3Gb of ram and 32Gb internal memory. So without wasting time lets start the guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1.
Guide to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1
So before you Start updating the smartphone there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow , So make sure you follow all of them carefully:-
- This guide is only for Redmi y1 so dont try this on any other device as it will brick your device
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in your device
- Pc is required to Install TWRP recovery on redmi Y1
Related : How to Update Redmi Y1 to Miui 9
How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1 Easily
- First of all You have to Enable Developer options on Your phone
- To Enable Developer option tap on build number for 7 times
- Now you will see developer options in the settings
- Now Enable USB debugging
- Now Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Y1
- Now connect your phone to your pc using a USB cable
- Now create a folder named as Fastboot
- Now paste TWRP img in fastboot folder
- Now open Command prompt window in the fastboot folder
- Now you have to boot your Redmi Y1 in fastboot mode
- To boot in fastboot mode you have to Give following command in the Command prompt windows :
Fastboot reboot bootloader
- Now you have to give following command to Install TWRP recovery
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now after giving the above command your device will reboot
- Now TWRP recovery will be installed in your device
So this was our guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1, We hope this guide helped you and if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.