Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo ? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide on How to Update Redmi y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Xiaomi redmi y1 is the latest smartphone from Xiaomi and it comes with 16Mp cameras at both end. So in this guide we will show you How to update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 comes with a 5.5 inch display which has a resolution of 720X1280 and comes with a pixel density of 236 ppi, for the protection of the smartphone there is corning gorilla glass 3 coating which protects the smartphone from scratches. Under the hood of the Xiaomi Redmi y1 there is Snapdragon 435 octa core processor coupled with 4Gb of ram. The smartphone comes with a 16Mp camera unit at the back end and a 16Mp camera unit is also given at the front side for taking selfies. The smartphone runs on android Miui 9.0 and in this guide we will show you How to Update Redmi y1 to Android 8.0 oreo.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Redmi Y1
So to install android 8.0 Oreo rom in Redmi y1 we will use a custom rom based on android oreo 8.0 but before you start installing the rom on your device there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow.
Pre-requirements before you Update Redmi y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- The custom rom is only for Redmi y1 so dont install it on any other devices as it can brick your phone
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in your android smartphone
- Make sure you have twrp recovery installed on your redmi Y1, here is guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1
- Make a backup of all important files on your Android smartphone
Download Android 8.0 Oreo rom for Redmi Y1
How to Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.o Oreo
- First of all download android 8.0 Oreo rom for Redmi y1
- Now rename the rom to Update.zip
- Now turn off your android smartphone
- Now you have to boot redmi y1 in recovery mode
- Now You will see many options on the screen
- Now tap on Wipe
- Now choose Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now choose Wipe Cache partition
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose Update.zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the installation
- Now Wait for the successful installation message
- Now tap On reboot
- Thats all !!! You have successfully Updated redmi y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So this was our guide on How to Update Redmi y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo, We hope this guide helped you and if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.