Install Android 9.0 Pie on Oneplus 5
So do you want to Update Oneplus 5 to android 9.0 p? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Oneplus 5 using Custom rom, Oneplus 5 was one of the most popular smartphones from Oneplus and it was also one of the very first smartphones to come up with Snapdragon 835 powerful processor.
Oneplus 5 comes was launched in 2017 with Android 7.1.1 out of the box however company also rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo update for the smartphone, But as we all know that recently google rolled out Android 9.0 pie with many new features so there are many users who want to install Android 9.0 pie on Oneplus 5. Talking about the specifications of the smartphone so the device comes with 5.5 inch display having 1080X1920 resolution and 401 ppi density, under the hood of the smartphone there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset coupled with 8Gb of ram. Talking about camera units in the device so the smartphone comes with Dual 20Mp+16Mp camera units at the back end whereas 16Mp camera unit is placed at the front end to take selfies. So as we told you earlier that the smartphone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo but after following this guide you will be able to Install Android 9.0 pie on Oneplus 5.
Update Oneplus 5 to Android 9.0 P
So to update the device to latest Android version we will use custom rom based on Android 9.0 P, But before you start the installation there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow so make sure you follow all of them carefully:
Things to remember before you Install Android 9.0 on Oneplus 5
- This guide is for Oneplus 5 owners only so dont try to install this custom rom on any other smartphone, As doing this will brick your android Phone permanently
- TWRP recovery is required to Install Android 9.0 P on Oneplus 5, Follow our guide to Install TWRP recovery on Oneplus 5
- Make a backup of all files on your device
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery on your smartphone
Android 9.0 Update Features
- More responsive then Android 8.0 Oreo
- Increased Performance
- Better battery Life
- Dual Apps
- New Design
- New Icons
Steps to Update Oneplus 5 to Android 9.0 P
- First of all make sure you have completed all the things given in the pre-requirements section
- Now Download Android 9.0 P rom for Oneplus 5 and Place the rom in the root of sdcard
- Now turn off your android Phone and boot in to TWRP recovery mode
- Now Tap on Wipe Dalvik cache > Wipe Cache partition
- Now tap on Install and choose the android 9.0 P rom for Oneplus 5
- Now Swipe right to confirm the installation
- Now Wait for the installation to get completed
- Now You will get a Installation Successful message on your Screen
- Now tap on Reboot
- Thats all!! You have successfully Updated Oneplus 5 to Android 9.0 Pie
So this was our guide to Update Oneplus 5 to Android 9.0 Pie we hope you were able to Install Android 9.0 pie on Oneplus 5, Incase if you have any doubt feel free to Write Down in the comments section below.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.