Change IMEI Number in Android without Root
So do you want to Change IMEI Address in Android without Root? This is easy trick to change IMEI number on the Android phone. You can change IMEI number of any mobile phone using this simple software. And you can Use this Method on Samsung, Nokia, HTC, Micromax, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi or any Android Device then you are at right place. We are here with the method for Changing IMEI Address on Android. In this Guide, we will tell you about How to Change IMEI Address of Android without using Root!
All phones and smartphone have a unique IMEI address just like humans have their own unique fingerprint that is a unique ID to them. IMEI, that stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, is a number or an address that is different on all devices and is used to usually track some devices. But in some cases, you might want to change the IMEI Address of an Android device due to reasons like faulty IMEI or even a corrupted or wrong IMEI address that may happen while installing a new ROM which is especially quite common on some MTK based Android devices which have MediaTek processors in them.
If you will ever search for methods that allow you changing IMEI Address of your Android Device, chances are that those guides will be based on either root methods or xposed methods which are not possible for everyone as not everyone’s device is rooted and thus we are here with the guide on How to Change the IMEI Address of your Android Device without Root or Xposed which will allow almost each and every one of you to change the IMEI address of your Android devices very easily and quickly.
Guide to Change IMEI number in Android Without Rooting
To allow you to successfully change the IMEI Address of your Android device you will find things like the files required for this procedure, the multiple methods for changing IMEI address as well as the prerequisites of changing IMEI address on Android devices later on in this post. If you have locked Bootloader you can See our guide on How to Unlock bootloader on Android Without PC So if you also wish to successfully change the IMEI address of your Android Device without root, then make sure to stick around until the end and follow this guide slowly and correctly.
What is IMEI Address?
It is very likely that many of you might be wondering that what is IMEI Address and why is so important for Android devices. In that case, we are here to help. IMEI Address or IMEI Number stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. And as the name tells IMEI Address is a unique identity of any Mobile Equipment like phones and smartphones that have been produced to date. IMEI is highly important as in case your Android does not have one due to custom ROM flashing then you might not be able to place phone calls or even use any SIM Card on the device.Now you can Also use 5G sim in 4g mobile Without Root
Change IMEI Number Without Root
Because of this reason, we had to come up with a working method that allows you to enter the IMEI Number on your Android device which will enable your SIM Card once you have updated the IMEI number. If you want to check whether your device has a working IMEI Address or not then you can check that by first going into the Dialer app and dialing *#06# which will display all the IMEI Addresses available on your device which depend on the number of SIM Cards that you have inserted in your device.
Why is IMEI Address so Important?
The IMEI Address of your Android Smartphone is also related to the device security as in case if your device gets stolen, authorities like the Police can not only track your device by using the IMEI Address, but they can also block your device so that no one can use your stolen smartphone for placing phone calls unless the thief has changed the IMEI address.
If your device’s IMEI was erased while flashing a Custom ROM or something related and then you use this method to enter your original IMEI Address on your Android Device, then you will be alright as you are not doing anything wrong.
Guide on How to Change IMEI Address on Android without Root
At last, coming to the guide and steps that have to be followed to successfully Change IMEI Address on Android Devices without Root we have the following steps and the highly important prerequisites section that you have to follow one by one and precisely so that this guide works successfully for you. But before going into the steps for Changing IMEI Address on Android without Root, we highly recommend that you first go through the prerequisites section.
Prerequisites for Changing IMEI Address on Android without Root
- Before anything else make sure that you have the original IMEI Addresses of your device before beginning this guide as they are highly important for the process to work successfully. In case if you do not have the original IMEI Address, then you can find them on the box of your smartphone or behind the battery if your phone opens up. Once you find the original IMEI Address, make sure to write them on a paper or in notepad of your PC so that you can successfully Change IMEI Address on Android without Root.
- Make sure to Download and Install Mobile Uncle Tools on your Android device.Once you have downloaded the APK, simply go to any file explorer and install the Mobile Uncle Tools app on your smartphone as we will be using this too to Change IMEI Address on Android without Root.
- USB Debugging must be turned on your Android Device for this method to work. You can do so by first going to the about phone section in your settings app. And then tapping 8 times on the build number that will turn on the Developer Options. After that head to Developer Options on your Android Device where you have to find USB Debugging and turn it on. Once this is done you are all set to successfully Change the IMEI Address on your Android without Root.
Steps for Changing IMEI Address in Android without Root
- Since you have gone through the prerequisites section mentioned above and have fulfilled each and every condition, you are now you ready to proceed further. That being said, if you have not fulfilled even one of the conditions stated above, then kindly go back and go through the whole prerequisites section again as otherwise, this guide will not be successful for you and the IMEI Address of your Android Device will not be changed
- So, first of all, you have to go and open the Mobile Uncle Tools application that we have installed earlier. Since we will be using this application to change the IMEI Address in Android without Root, we will be doing all the further steps in this app. Now, inside Mobile Uncle Tools, select the “Engineer” option and open Engineer Mode (MTK) from the Mobile Uncle Tools app.
- Here scroll down and open CDS information option and then select Radio Information in here. Inside the Radio Information select Phone 2 option.
- Inside the Phone 2 option and select the AT+ option. Now replace the AT+ with AT+(your IMEI number) for example AT+123456789012345. Doing this step will allow you to enter either the original IMEI Address of your device or any other random IMEI number that you want to enter in your Android Device without root.
- After entering this, select Send at Command option that will apply your new IMEI Address in Android without Root successfully. After all these steps make sure to reboot your device to successfully apply the new IMEI address that you have entered in your Android device by following this guide which allows you to Change the IMEI Address on Android without Root.
By following all these given steps you will be able to successfully Change the IMEI Address of your Android Device without Root as our guide on almost all devices out there except for a few. In case if this method did not change the IMEI Address of your Android Device without Root then make sure to go through all the given steps once again one. By doing this you will be sure that you have not followed any of the given steps incorrectly and you have not done any mistakes on your steps for Changing the IMEI Address on Android without Root. In case if even that does not help you in successfully Change IMEI Address of your device the last option that you have is to first root your device and then use Xposed to successfully Change IMEI Address of your Android Device.
We hope that we helped you in Changing IMEI Address in Android without Root and now IMEI Address of your Android Device is changed without using root. Also, let us know which method did you use to change your IMEI Address in Android without Root down in the comments section. If you liked this post share it on social media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content.