Enable Call Screening on Pixel 7/Pro in Unsupported Regions: Google’s Pixel 7 and 7 Pro devices have a hidden feature that allows users to screen phone calls. This guide will show you how to enable call screening on your device, even if you’re in an unsupported region. Screening phone calls is a helpful way to avoid unwanted calls, and it can be a lifesaver when you’re busy or don’t want to be disturbed. Google’s Pixel 7 and 7 Pro devices have a hidden feature that allows users to screen phone calls, even if they’re in an unsupported region. Here’s how to enable call screening on your device.
How to enable call screening on your Pixel 7/Pro
If you live in an unsupported region for call screening and have a Pixel 7 or 7 Pro, you can still enable this feature by following these steps:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings app.
2. Tap on the “Calls” option.
3. Scroll down and tap on the “Call Screening” option.
4. Toggle the switch next to “Call Screening” to turn it on.
5. You will now be able to screen calls by tapping on the “Screen Call” button when receiving a call.
Enable call screening on your Pixel 7/Pro Using VPN (Change Location)
If you live in a country where call screening is not supported, you can use a VPN to change your location and enable the feature. Here’s how:
1. Download and install a VPN app on your Pixel 7 or 7 Pro. We recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Connect to a server in a country where call screening is supported, such as the United States.
3. Open the Phone app and go to Settings > Call Screening.
4. Enable the feature and start using it to screen incoming calls!
Enable call screening on your Pixel 7/Pro By Reinstalling The App ( Clear Data and Cache)
If you live in a country where the Google Phone app doesn’t support call screening, you can still enable the feature by clearing the app’s data and cache. This will reinstall the app and enable call screening for your Pixel 7 or 7 Pro.
To clear the data and cache for the Google Phone app:
1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
2. Scroll down and tap on Google Phone.
3. Tap on Storage & cache > Clear data > Clear all data.
4. Restart your phone and open the Google Phone app again. Call screening should now be enabled!
How to use call screening
Assuming you have already enabled call screening in your phone’s settings, here’s how to use it:
1. When you receive a call, tap “Screen call.”
2. The Google Assistant will answer the call and ask who’s calling and why.
3. The caller will then be prompted to say their name and reason for calling.
4. After the caller responds, you’ll be able to hear their response and decide whether to answer the call or not.
Pros and cons of call screening
There are a few pros and cons to call screening that users should be aware of before enabling the feature on their Pixel or Pro.
The biggest pro is that it can help reduce the number of spam calls you receive. It can also help you avoid unwanted calls from telemarketers and other nuisance callers. The downside is that it may also screen out some legitimate calls, like from friends or family members who have your number but are not in your contacts list.
Another potential downside is that if you do screen a call and it turns out to be important, there is no way to retrieve the information from the caller ID. So, you may want to use this feature sparingly and only when you feel it’s absolutely necessary.
What to do if you’re in an unsupported region
If you’re in an unsupported region and you want to enable call screening, there are a few things you can do. First, try downloading a VPN app and connecting to a server in a supported region. This will allow you to access the Call Screening feature. If that doesn’t work, you can try flashing a custom ROM on your device. This will allow you to change your device’s location and enable call screening.
Also Read: Enable 5G in Google Pixel 7/Pro [Supported/Unsupported Regions]
If you’re in an unsupported region and want to enable call screening on your Google Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, you can do so by following the steps in this article. Once you’ve enabled call screening, you’ll be able to screen incoming calls and decide whether or not to answer them. This is a great way to prevent unwanted calls from coming through, and we hope it helps you out!