Fix: Discord Custom Emoji Missing: Are you fed up with scrolling through your Discord server and not finding the custom emojis you worked so hard to create? Well, fear no longer! In this blog post, we’ll guide you through some simple steps to resolve the issue of missing custom emojis on Discord, whether due to technical glitch or outdated version. So grab a cup of coffee and get ready to bring back those beloved emojis in no time!
What is Discord?
Discord is a widely used chat and voice communication platform designed for gaming communities, though it has also gained adoption in other online communities. Launched in 2015, Discord has since become an invaluable tool that enables people to stay in real-time contact with each other.
Discord enables users to create and join servers, which are virtual spaces where people can chat with each other via text, voice, and video channels. They may also send direct messages each other or create groups for specific discussions.
The platform also provides features like screen sharing, file sharing and bots that can perform various tasks like moderating channels or playing music. It is accessible across multiple platforms including desktop, web and mobile applications – all at no cost to use!
Yeah, it’s the only hug emoji on the standard emoji keyboard I could find. Missing my Discord server custom emojis. (my pal made me a signature vulcan salute one on his server)
— Southside Trekkie 🏳️🌈🏴🦄🖖🏻💖💜💙 (@SouthsideTrekk1) April 2, 2022
How to Fix Missing Custom Emojis on Discord
Just follow the steps Given Below to Fix Missing Custom Emojis On Discord:
FIX 1: Refresh Emoji Settings
To update emoji settings on Discord, try these steps:
- At the bottom of Discord application, click on “User Settings” (gear icon).
- Select “Appearance” in the left sidebar menu.
- Scroll down until you find Emoji under Advanced section and click it to update them.
- Finally, click “Update Emoji” button to save changes.
- Wait for the update process to finish and check to see if your custom emojis have returned.
If the above steps don’t resolve the problem, try logging out and back in again to see if that resolves it. Furthermore, verify your internet connection for stability – connectivity issues can sometimes cause custom emojis to disappear. If still no luck, contact Discord support for further assistance.
FIX 2: Delete Data
To delete Discord data, there are a few different approaches depending on what information you wish to remove.
To clear the Discord cache on desktop and mobile devices, HowToGeek provides the steps. Firstly, access the hidden folder with Discord files by typing “/Library/Application Support/discord/” into the “Go to Folder” text box. Right-click each “Cache,” “Code Cache,” and “GPUCache” folder within Discord data folder and click either “Move to Trash” (or “Move to Bin”) before emptying trash to completely clear cache.
If you would like to delete certain data from your account, such as image data, messages and billing history, it’s easy with just a few clicks. Doing this will enable you to keep your early supporter badge and start fresh with a clean slate.
To permanently delete your Discord account, You Can Follow These Instructions.
Firstly, launch the app on your phone and tap your profile icon in the bottom bar. On “User Settings,” tap “My Account,” scroll to the bottom, and tap “Delete Account,” following instructions provided by both companies.
Note: if you own a server, either delete it or transfer ownership before initiating deletion.
If you want to clear the Discord cache in a web browser, there are several methods. Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL and select “Cached images and files” before clicking the “Clear data” button.
Overall, there are various methods you can take to delete Discord data depending on what you wish to remove.
Why Do My Custom Emojis Keep Disappearing?
There could be several reasons why your custom emojis keep disappearing on Discord:
- Permission Issues: If you do not have the proper permissions on a server, your custom emojis may be removed or invisible. Make sure you have the appropriate role or permissions to utilize and manage emojis on that particular server.
- Server Emoji Limit: Every server has a cap on the number of custom emojis that can be uploaded. If you or other members have reached this limit, it may be necessary to delete some existing emojis before adding new ones.
- Cache Issues: Cached data may cause discord to experience glitches or errors, such as missing custom emojis. To resolve this problem, try clearing your Discord cache by following these instructions.
- Server Deletion: If the server where custom emojis were uploaded has been deleted, they will no longer be accessible on Discord.
If none of these solutions work for you, it might be worth reaching out to Discord’s support team for further assistance.
How to Backup Your Custom Emojis
Backing up your custom emojis on Discord can be a great idea in case they get lost or deleted. Here are the steps to backup your custom emojis:
- To backup a custom emoji on Discord, begin by opening the Discord app or website and navigating to your server.
- Click on the settings icon (gear icon) next to the server name, then select “Emoji” from the left-hand menu.
- Find and click on the custom emoji you wish to back up and open its details page in Discord.
- Right-click the emoji and select either “Save Image As” or “Save Picture As” (depending on your browser).
- Select a location on your computer where to save the image and click “Save”.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each custom emoji you wish to back up. You can also do this for custom emojis on other servers that you are part of.
By following these steps, you can securely store a copy of your custom emojis on your computer for safekeeping.
This article we hope was of some assistance in solving the missing custom emoji issue on your Discord server. Custom servers are essential components of any online community and they make conversations much more lively when everyone has access to them. If after trying all the steps outlined above, you still cannot locate your custom emojis, please reach out to Discord support for further assistance. Thanks for taking time out to read this!