What is lock screen media controls?
Lock screen media controls are a new feature in Android 8.0 or Higher, that lets you control your music without having to unlock your phone. This is a great feature for when you’re on the go and don’t want to fumble with your phone to change a song or pause your music. In this article, we’ll show you how to use lock screen media controls and how to customize them to better suit your needs.
How to Enable Lock Screen Media Controls on Android Device?
Assuming you’re referring to the lock screen widget that shows playback controls for music playback, here’s how to enable it on your Android device:
1. Open the Settings app and tap “Sound & notification.”
2. Scroll down and tap “Lock screen.”
3. Tap “When media is playing.”
4. Select either “Show always” or “Show when unlocked.”
Now, when you’re playing music on your Android device, the playback controls will appear on the lock screen. You can play/pause, skip tracks, and adjust the volume without having to unlock your device.
Pixel 7/Pro lock screen media controls missing: How to Fix
One of the most useful features on recent Android phones is the lock screen media controls. This allows you to control music playback without having to unlock your phone. Unfortunately, some users have reported that this feature is missing on their Pixel 7/Pro phones. If you’re one of the affected users, don’t worry. In this blog post, we will show you how to fix the problem so that you can start using the lock screen media controls again.
Problem: Pixel 7/Pro lock screen media controls are missing
If you’re using a Pixel or Pro device and you’ve noticed that the lock screen media controls are missing, there’s a chance that this is a bug that’s affecting a small number of users. Here’s how to fix it:
1. Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of Android.
2. If you still don’t see the lock screen media controls, try restarting your device.
3. If the problem persists, you can try resetting your device to its factory settings. Note that this will delete all of your data, so be sure to back up anything important first.
We hope that these steps will help solve the problem for you.
Fix Pixel 7/Pro lock screen media controls missing
If you’re using a Pixel or Pro smartphone and you’ve noticed that the lock screen media controls are missing, don’t worry – there’s an easy fix!
Simply go to your phone’s Settings app, tap on ‘Sound & vibration’, and then toggle off the ‘Media volume control’ option. Once you’ve done that, the lock screen media controls should reappear.
If you’re still having trouble, make sure that your phone’s software is up to date by going to ‘About phone’ in the Settings app and checking for any available updates.
How to fix the problem
If you’re missing the lock screen media controls on your Google Pixel or Pixel Pro, there are a few things you can try to get them back.
First, make sure that your phone is running the latest version of Android. The lock screen media controls were introduced in Android Oreo (8.0), so if you’re not running that version, you won’t be able to see the controls.
If you are running Oreo and still don’t see the controls, try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try clearing the cache of the Android System UI app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > scroll down to and tap on Android System UI > Storage > Clear cache.
If none of those solutions work, there’s a chance that the feature has been disabled in your phone’s settings. To check, go to Settings > Sound > Advanced > Toggle off Media control on lock screen.
Other possible solutions
There are a few other potential solutions you can try if you’re still having trouble with your Pixel or Pro lock screen media controls missing.
1. Try restarting your device. This can sometimes resolve issues with the lock screen controls not appearing.
2. Make sure that the “Do Not Disturb” setting is turned off. This can interfere with the lock screen controls appearing.
3. Check for any updates to the Google Play Music app, as this can sometimes resolve Issues with the lock screen controls not appearing.
4. Finally, try uninstalling and then re-installing the Google Play Music app. This can sometimes fix underlying issues that may be causing the problem.
If you’re using a Pixel 7 or Pro and you’ve noticed that the lock screen media controls are missing, don’t worry – there’s an easy fix. Simply go to Settings > Sound > and toggle on the “Show media controls on lock screen” option. Once you’ve done that, you should see the media controls appear on your lock screen whenever you’re playing music or watching a video.