In this tutorial, we will show you how to disable stories in Signal App. This can be useful if you want to avoid people seeing your story or if you just don’t want to use the feature. We will also show you how to re-enable stories in case you change your mind. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is Signal App?
Signal is a secure messaging app that uses end-to-end encryption to keep your conversations private. Signal also offers a self-destructing messages feature, which allows you to set a timer for how long your message will stay visible in the chat before it disappears. You can also disable stories in Signal, which will prevent other Signal users from seeing any updates to your story.
What are Stories in Signal?
Stories in Signal are a way to share your day with your friends. You can add photos and videos to your story, and you can choose who you want to see it. If you don’t want anyone to see your story, you can disable it in the Settings menu.
How to disable Stories in Signal
If you’re not a fan of the new Stories feature in Signal, or if you simply want to disable it, there’s a way to do so. Here’s how:
1. Open Signal and go to your settings.
2. Under the “Privacy” section, tap on “Stories.”
3. Toggle the “Disable Stories” switch to the On position.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve disabled Stories, you’ll no longer see them in your Signal feed, and people won’t be able to see yours either.
How to re-enable Stories in Signal
If you’ve disabled Stories in the Signal app and want to re-enable them, simply follow these steps:
1. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the main screen.
2. Select “Settings.”
3. Scroll down and tap “Advanced.”
4. Toggle the “Stories” switch to the ON position.
That’s all there is to it! Now you can once again view Stories from your Signal contacts.
Related: Fix: Instagram Explore tab showing NSFW/adult content
What are the benefits of disabling Stories in Signal?
1. One of the benefits of disabling Stories in Signal is that you can save on data usage. When Stories are enabled, Signal will automatically download and save new Story content from your contacts. This can quickly eat up your data qouta, especially if you have a lot of contacts who regularly post Stories.
2. Another benefit of disabling Stories is that it can help improve phone’s battery life. Since Signal has to constantly check for new Story content, this can put a strain on your battery. If you’re looking to extend your battery life, disabling Stories can help.
3. Finally, some people simply prefer not to have their contacts’ stories visible in the app. If you find yourself scrolling past Story content that you’re not interested in, disabling Stories might be the best solution for you.
Are there any drawbacks to disabling Stories in Signal?
Yes, there are some drawbacks to disabling Stories in Signal. For one, you will no longer be able to view or create Stories. Additionally, your friends and contacts will not be able to see your Story if you have it disabled. Finally, if you have any existing stories, they will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Disabling Stories in Signal is pretty simple and straightforward. Just follow the steps outlined in this article and you’ll have them turned off in no time. If you’re not a fan of using apps with built-in social features, or if you simply want to declutter your Signal experience, then disabling Stories is a great way to do that.