Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro: Asus is one of the finest smartphone companies which is very underrated. Despite keeping it low-key with only a few launches every year, they produce the different looking and head-turning devices overall. Asus Zenfone 7 Pro is a majestic device with a triple rear camera that flips throughout. Although this device does not beat photography smartphones, the top tier specifications, and with a whole camera array that moves, Asus Zenfone 7 Pro is one of the eye-catchy devices in the market right now.
Every manufacturer can make a flagship smartphone but only LG and Asus are doing something different and unique. With an amazing display, 5000 mAh battery, and flip cameras, Asus Zenfone 7 Pro is a great smartphone if you have a budget for it. With that said, let us quickly get started with How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro. But before we get started with Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro, let us quickly discuss the specifications of the device, shall we?
Asus Zenfone 7 Pro Specifications
Asus Zenfone 7 Pro is launched in the month of September 2020. The device features a 6.67-inch AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 84.32%, thanks to the mechanical flip camera setup. The pixel density here is 395 PPI and the devices boast a 90 Hz display refresh rate which is an upgrade from 60 Hz found on its predecessor.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus. Adreno 650 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 865 is a top of the line SoC which integrates a fast prime core that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance core, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz each. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that can clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 8 GB of RAM and is coupled with 256 GB of onboard storage. It is worth noting that there is an option to expand the storage up to 2 TB here.
As for the optics, the device comes with a flipping triple rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 64 MP unit with f/1.8 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 12 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with 14.3mm focal length and 1.4um pixel size. The third sensor is a telephone unit of 8 MP with 3x optical zoom. On the front, obviously, the setups stand similar to the rear camera acts as a front camera setup. Thats the USP of this smartphone.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with Zen UI. Zen UI offers a near-stock experience with some features and tweaks here and there. The fingerprint sensor has resided in the display and all this is powered by a 5000 mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 4.0.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro — Before we start, there is something you must know. To install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro, you must unlock the bootloader of Asus Zenfone 7 Pro. If you are wondering what is unlocking bootloader, well, bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader.
Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us jump into the process of install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro, but before we start there are a few pre-requisites:
Pre-Requisites to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
- Install the latest USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before you begin with the process, make sure your device is charged at least 70%.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have Unlocked the Bootloader of Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Back up everything before you begin as all the data will get wiped.
Download TWRP Recovery For Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
Download TWRP Recovery for Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
What is TWRP Recovery?
Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro — Each and every Android smartphone out there come with their own recovery which can perform very simpler tasks such as wiping the Data/Cache and etc. Do note that these recoveries can also install or flash zip files, but only manufacturers and signed zip files. If you want to flash a third-part aftermarket OS or a custom ROM, you will need a much powerful recovery and TWRP is one such recovery.
TWRP, in general stands for Team Win Recovery Project and, is one of the finest recovery projects after the CWM which is also referred to as ClockworkMod. TWRP, unlike CWM, is made available for the majority of Android devices and is also available in various forms.
TWRP for Asus Zenfone 7 Pro Features
- Ability to flash custom ROMs.
- Easy root device by flashing Root files like Magisk
- Integrated format options
- Ability to Mount Storage
- SD Card Partition features
- ADB Sideload and Terminal Access
- Ability to flash various flashable zips and mods.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
- To install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro, firstly Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to Additional Settings and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Now, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to a PC.
- Once connected, type
ADB Reboot Bootloader
- Now, your phone shows a pop-up which you will need to allow.
- Now, your device has entered the Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode.
- Once entered, connect your device to the computer and now Open ADB Folder.
- Copy the TWRP file which you have downloaded to ADB Folder and rename it to TWRP.img
- In the ADB folder, open CMD or Powershell. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and perform a right mouse click.
- Now, choose Open CMD here or Open PowerShell here options.
- Once its opened, type the following command (or you can copy-paste and hit enter)
- Now, your device will be shown here in CMD or PowerShell. Once your phone is connected properly.
- Now type
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Once done, type
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
- Now, you will enter the TWRP recovery and you have now successfully completed the process of Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
Now, this is how you can Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro. If this guide helped you to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 Pro, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Asus Zenfone 7 Pro. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.