Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro: Redmi Note series of phones in the company’s portfolio cannot be overstated, and as a matter of fact, this is the series that put the company back in the business and helped them to gain popularity across the world. Forms were moderate till the company published its Redmi Note 3 or Note 3 Pro in a few regions. Xiaomi’s Redmi Note lineup has outlived as the best selling smartphone series ever since. Almost all the devices in this series, besides the Redmi Note 6 Pro were marketed in tremendous numbers.
Especially the Redmi Note 4 was sold over 10 million units over its product cycle and the predecessor of the Note 9 series was India’s highest-selling phone around the 10K segment. Their streak did not stop even when the brands like Samsung and Realme came in their way as competition, and the Redmi Note 9 Pro is no exception to that. Redmi Note 9 Pro is one of the most iconic budget powerhouse in current times. This particular device might seem like a more traditional offering in the segment but it brings authenticity to the table.
Although the front design here is not a head-turner, the back certainly is. The back of the Redmi Note 9 Pro has the most distinctive, different design. For all the gradient lovers, the previous device’s backs might have looked like paradise, but the Note 9 series though, looks formal at the best and that goes for most people’s liking. I mean, the back of the device doubles up as a mirror (pun intended). With that said, let us quickly get started with How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro. But before we get started with Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro, let us quickly discuss the specifications of the device, shall we?
Redmi Note 9 Pro Specifications
Redmi Note 9 Pro was launched in the month of March 2020. The device features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 84.62%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 395 PPI and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 720G is a fast mid-range SoC that integrates eight cores divided into two clusters. Fast performance clusters here contains two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz each and a power efficiency cluster with six small ARM Cortex-A55 cores up to 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 GB of RAM coupled with 64 GB of onboard storage. Do note that the storage here is expandable up to 512 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a Quad-rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 48 MP unit with f/1.79 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is an 8 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 14mm focal length and 1.12um pixel size. The other two sensors are useless and not worth discussing. But to mention, the third sensor is a 5 MP macro camera and the fourth sensor is the useless 2 MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 16 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top. MIUI 12 is a feature-rich skin with a plethora of features and is a UI that has good after-sale update support. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted and the device comes in three colors including Aurora Blue, Glacier White, Interstellar Black, and Champagne Gold. All this is backed by a whopping 5020 mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. With the specifications out of the way, let us discuss How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro and Unlock Bootloader.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro — Before we start, there is something you must know. To install TWRP on Redmi Note 9 Pro, you must unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro. If you are wondering what is unlocking bootloader, well, bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader.
Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us jump into the process of install TWRP on Redmi Note 9 Pro, but before we start there are a few pre-requisites:
Pre-Requisites to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Install the latest USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before you begin with the process, make sure your device is charged at least 70%.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have Unlocked the Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Back up everything before you begin as all the data will get wiped.
Download TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 9 Pro
What is TWRP Recovery?
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro — Each and every Android smartphone out there come with their own recovery which can perform very simpler tasks such as wiping the Data/Cache and etc. Do note that these recoveries can also install or flash zip files, but only manufacturers and signed zip files. If you want to flash a third-part aftermarket OS or a custom ROM, you will need a much powerful recovery and TWRP is one such recovery.
TWRP, in general stands for Team Win Recovery Project and, is one of the finest recovery projects after the CWM which is also referred to as ClockworkMod. TWRP, unlike CWM, is made available for the majority of Android devices and is also available in various forms.
TWRP for Redmi Note 9 Pro Features
- Ability to flash custom ROMs.
- Easy root device by flashing Root files like Magisk
- Integrated format options
- Ability to Mount Storage
- SD Card Partition features
- ADB Sideload and Terminal Access
- Ability to flash various flashable zips and mods.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
- To install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro, firstly Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to Additional Settings and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Now, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to a PC.
- Once connected, type
ADB Reboot Bootloader
- Now, your phone shows a pop-up which you will need to allow.
- Now, your device has entered the Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode.
- Once entered, connect your device to the computer and now Open ADB Folder.
- Copy the TWRP file which you have downloaded to ADB Folder and rename it to TWRP.img
- In the ADB folder, open CMD or Powershell. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and perform a right mouse click.
- Now, choose Open CMD here or Open PowerShell here options.
- Once its opened, type the following command (or you can copy-paste and hit enter)
- Now, your device will be shown here in CMD or PowerShell. Once your phone is connected properly.
- Now type
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Once done, type
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
- Now, you will enter the TWRP recovery and you have now successfully completed the process of Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
Now, this is how you can Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro. If this guide helped you to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Redmi Note 9 Pro. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.