Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader: The smartphone market is crowded with a lot of mid-rangers and flagships. All the device’s out there are only targeting on achieving maximum screen to body ratio, minimal bezels, new places to house the selfie shooter, ditching the selfie shooters to bring more moving parts like pop-up selfie camera units or hell entire rotating modules, and etc. While, all these designs are appreciated by the tech industry and users, it is always there back in our heads that we want something more!
Something more interesting, something that turns a lot of heads towards you. Well, LG G8x is one such concept. Unlike most of the smartphone makers, LG is always trying to do something new with its launches. Every brand launches their flagships, and even mid-range leaders like Xiaomi has entered the flagship market and are selling their devices for over 50,000 INR. LG G8X’s appeal may be niche, but its an interesting concept that offers an alternative to foldable devices that gives budget-conscious buyers more screen for whatever the reasons they have.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 8.0 For Poco X3
Yes, we have much costlier options from Samsung, Microsoft, and etc… but when a cheaper phone gets the job done, why should you opt for costlier options. Well, in this guide, let us discuss how you can root LG8x and Unlock Bootloader. But before we get started with the process of Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader, let us discuss the specifications of the device, shall we?
LG G8x Specifications
LG G8X is launched in the month of December 2019. The device features a 6.4-inch OLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 19.5:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at a solid 83.9%, thanks to the waterdrop notch housed selfie camera unit. The pixel density here is 403 PPI and the devices boast a 60 Hz display refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. Adreno 640 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 855 is a top of the line SoC which integrates a fast prime core that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance core, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz each. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that can clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 of RAM and is coupled with 64 or 128 GB of onboard storage. It is worth noting that there is an option to expand the storage up to 2 TB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a dual rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 12 MP unit with f/1.8 aperture with 25mm focal length and 1.4 um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 13 MP F/2.4 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 13mm focal length and 1um pixel size. On the front, there is a 32 MP shooter.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with LG UX on top. LG UX is feature-rich and heavy themed skin. This device packs in a 4000 mAh battery which does support Qualcomm Quick charge v3.0. The fingerprint sensor here is embedded in the display and the device retains 3.5mm headphone jack too. Now, with the specifications out of the way, let us discuss how to Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
How to Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader
Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader
Basically, the Android device is like a hard drive that has quite a lot of partitions, which grasps the Android system file in one and all the app data in an additional. And for all these partitions, Bootloader serves as a security verge that is responsible for examination and initializing the hardware and starting software. Do note that the warranty will be void if unlocked.
You can perform many activities once your bootloader is unlocked. You can root your device and install TWRP recovery if it is available for your device. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are intending to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G8X
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options.
- Now, open dialer and check for your IMEI. To do so, dial *#06# and note down the IMEI of your device.
- Now open the ADB folder and connect your device. Now type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, you will enter the fastboot mode and here type
fastboot OEM device-id
- Here, you will get to see two device ID’s.
- Now copy both these IDs and paste it and later copy your IMEI of your device and head on over to LG’s developer website.
- In the website, scroll down and choose Start Unlocking the Bootloader.
- Now, fill details and paste your Device ID and IMEI number, then choose to confirm and soon, you will receive an Email from LG with the file attached namely unlock.bin which you will have to download and paste it in ADB folder.
- Now again, head to the cmd window of ADB and Fastboot folder and type this command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Now reboot your device and you have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
How to Root LG G8X (Step-by-Step Process)
- Download and extract LG G8X’s boot image or firmware on your computer.
- Once downloaded, enter the Downloads folder on your device, open the firmware by extracting it and rename to boot image to patched_boot.img
- Connect your device to the computer again and enter the bootloader.
- Now, open ADB Folder and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And once done, you can restart your device and download Magisk Manager. You have now successfully done with the process of Root LG G8X and Unlock Bootloader.