Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader: Poco was a well-known smartphone maker and they seem to have come a long way from their initial release of Poco F1. For those who are not aware it is a phone that became an instant hit because of its flagship specifications for not so flagship prices. Although the company took a good year break after the launch, the company has now expanded into various segments of the smartphone market. The company has now announced an entry-level smartphone with Poco C3 moniker.
Unlike most of the Poco devices, Poco C3 is not a rebranded Redmi smartphone. So, to the Poco’s portfolio, only Poco F1, Poco C3 and X3 are the original phones from the company. With that said, there is nothing fancy with Poco C3. The device comes with an original design but it is unibody plastic, just like most of the phones at this price range. Moreover, they have added a triple rear camera setup along with a flash module which does not make it appear like an entry level phone, props to the company for that.
With that said, let us get into our main topic of How to Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader Easily. We will discuss around rooting, bootloader unlock and etc in detail, so read it till the end. Before we get started with Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader process, let us quickly discuss around the specifications of the device.
Poco C3 Specifications and Features
Poco C3 was launched in the month of October 2020. The device flaunts a 6.53-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 81.08%, thanks to the water-drop display notch. The pixel density here is 269 PPI and the devices possess a 60Hz display refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is powered by MediaTek Helio G35 SoC. PowerVR GE8320 handles the graphic duties here. MediaTek Helio G35 is a gaming-centric entry-level SoC that integrates eight ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz. The device comes with 3GB of RAM coupled with 32 GB of onboard storage. Do note that the storage here is expandable up to 512 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a triple rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 13 MP unit with f/2.2 aperture with 28mm focal length and 1um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 2 MP F/2.4 depth sensor with 1.75um pixel size. The tertiary is a 2 MP Macro Camera and on the front there is a 5 MP selfie shooter.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top. MIUI 12 is a feature-rich skin with a plethora of features and is a UI that has good after-sale update support. The fingerprint sensor is rear-mounted and the device comes in three colors including Arctic Blue, Lime Green, and Matte Black. With the specifications out of the way, let us discuss how to root Poco C3 and unlock bootloader easily, shall we?
How to Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader
Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface.
By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss how to Unlock Bootloader of Poco C3.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco C3
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Now, come back to the main Settings page again, and choose Mi Account
- Once you open Mi Account, choose Mi Cloud, and from here Enable Sync and Find Device. It is also recommended to sync all the apps first. Also apply for Mi Unlock Permission,
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and log in with the same credentials and mobile number.
- Once logged in, connect your device in the fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device first and press and hold volume down + power key to enter Mi Fastboot Mode.
- Now, your device will be detected by the app on your computer.
- Choose to Unlock now, and wait for 10-15 seconds. You will have to wait for 72 hours to unlock your device now.
- After 72 hours, perform the same steps and you can unlock your device now. That is how you can Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader
How to Root Poco C3 (Step-by-Step Process)
- Download and extract Poco C3’s boot image or firmware on your computer.
- Once downloaded, enter the Downloads folder on your device, open the firmware by extracting it and rename to boot image to patched_boot.img
- Connect your device to the computer again and enter the bootloader.
- Now, open ADB Folder and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And once done, you can restart your device and download Magisk Manager. You have now successfully done with the process of Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader.
Now, this is how you can Root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader. If this guide helped you to root Poco C3 and Unlock Bootloader, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Poco C3. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.