Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader: While companies are pricing their smartphones higher and higher each year, Redmi does not seem to change at all. Bringing some decent mid-range phones with some high-performance SoCs and without compromising on anything, Redmi’s Note series devices have been getting a phenomenal response for years now! And the Redmi Note 9 series is no exception to that. Redmi’s recently announced Redmi Note 9 series is a massive hit.
Talking about the Redmi Note 9 series, it consists of three smartphones at different price points and the Pro Max variant has to be the top variant in the series. Although according to the recent reports and leaks, we can expect the company to launch new devices to the Note 9 series, we are sure that Redmi Note 9 Pro Max will stand on top of the charts and the reasons for that are many. The company did not even compromise on the looks and design of the device.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max brings excellent design, performance, battery, and camera’s to the table. But then again, the lack of a 90Hz display is not a welcome move and a major downer for the buyers. But whatever it is on the hardware part, it all comes down to the software. Now, that’s a major let down for all the Xiaomi devices. Yes, MIUI is well optimized, feature-rich, and aesthetic but it’s just not stock Android. If you would want to flash stock Android or any custom ROM for that matter, you would need to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP on your device.
With that said, let us quickly get started with Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader. But before that let us quickly discuss the specifications of the device, shall we?
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Specifications
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max was launched in the month of March 2020. The device features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 84.73%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 395 PPI and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 720G is a fast mid-range SoC that integrates eight cores divided into two clusters. Fast performance clusters here contains two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz each and a power efficiency cluster with six small ARM Cortex-A55 cores up to 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 GB of RAM coupled with 64 GB of onboard storage. Do note that the storage here is expandable up to 512 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a Quad-rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 48 MP unit with f/1.79 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is an 8 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 14mm focal length and 1.12um pixel size. The other two sensors are useless and not worth discussing. But to mention, the third sensor is a 5 MP macro camera and the fourth sensor is the useless 2 MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 32 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top. MIUI 12 is a feature-rich skin with a plethora of features and is a UI that has good after-sale update support. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted and the device comes in three colors including Aurora Blue, Glacier White, Interstellar Black, and Champagne Gold. All this is backed by a whopping 5020 mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. With the specifications out of the way, let us discuss How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader.
How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader
Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlocks, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Basically, the Android device is like a hard drive that has quite a lot of partitions, which grasps the Android system file in one and all the app data in an additional. And for all these partitions, Bootloader serves as a security verge that is responsible for the examination and initializing the hardware and starting software. Do note that the warranty will be void if unlocked.
You can perform many activities once your bootloader is unlocked. You can root your device and install TWRP recovery if it is available for your device. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are intending to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Now, come back to the main Settings page again, and choose Mi Account
- Once you open Mi Account, choose Mi Cloud, and from here Enable Sync and Find Device. It is also recommended to sync all the apps first. Also, apply for Mi Unlock Permission,
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and log in with the same credentials and mobile number.
- Once logged in, connect your device in the fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device first and press and hold volume down + power key to enter Mi Fastboot Mode.
- Now, your device will be detected by the app on your computer.
- Choose to Unlock now, and wait for 10-15 seconds. You will have to wait for 72 hours to unlock your device now.
- After 72 hours, perform the same steps and you can unlock your device now. That is how you can Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader
How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (Step-by-Step Process)
- Download and extract Redmi Note 9 Pro Max’s boot image or firmware on your computer.
- Once downloaded, enter the Downloads folder on your device, open the firmware by extracting it and rename to boot image to patched_boot.img
- Connect your device to the computer again and enter the bootloader.
- Now, open ADB Folder and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And once done, you can restart your device and download Magisk Manager. You have now successfully done with the process of Root Redmi Note 9 Pro and Unlock Bootloader.
Now, this is how you can Root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader. If this guide helped you to root Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Unlock Bootloader, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.