Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and Unlock Bootloader: Samsung has announced the M-series of smartphones targetting the Indian youth. The devices from the M-series directly go head-to-head with Redmi’s and Realme’s of the world and they have stood a strong competition with their amazing offerings like Galaxy M31 and M31s and etc. Back in September, the company has announced its Galaxy M51 smartphone and this has to be the most expensive M-series device until now.
The device packs in a massive battery and a Qualcomm SoC. And it has been said on several occasions that the Galaxy M51 has to be the best of what the M-series has to offer, period. Unlike every time, this device shines in almost all the aspects and can outperform any smartphone in the market, when it comes to battery life. But, not everything has to be with a battery. Despite having good specs, the device sounds pretty plain because of various reasons.
So, do you want to Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and unlock bootloader? Well, then this guide is tailor-made for you. In this guide, we shall discuss around steps involved in Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and unlock bootloader. But before we get into it, let us quickly discuss a bit around the specifications, shall we?
Samsung Galaxy M51 Specifications
Samsung Galaxy M51 was launched in the month of September 2020. The device features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 86.66%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 393 PPI and the devices boast a 60Hz display refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 730G is a fast mid-range SoC that integrates eight cores divided into two clusters. Fast performance clusters here contains two ARM Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz each and a power efficiency cluster with six small ARM Cortex-A55 cores up to 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 GB of RAM coupled with 128 GB of onboard storage. Do note that the storage here is expandable up to 512 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a Quad-rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 64 MP unit with f/1.8 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 12 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 14mm focal length and 1.12um pixel size. The other two sensors are useless and not worth discussing. But to mention, the third sensor is a 5 MP macro camera and the fourth sensor is the useless 5 MP depth sensor. On the front, there is a 32 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture.
Samsung Galaxy M51 runs Android 10 out of the box with One UI 2.5 skin on top. The side-mounted fingerprint sensor, barometer, accelerometer, gyro, and etc takes an account here and all this is backed by a whopping 7000 mAh battery with 25W fast charging support.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and Unlock Bootloader
Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface.
By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy M51.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy M51
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Now, power off your device and press and hold volume up + volume down simultaneously, and connect your phone to PC.
- When it shows a warning screen on your phone release both the buttons and now the device will boot into download mode. If you are stuck or unable to move forward follow this guide.
- Once the device is in download mode long-press the volume up button and the device will start wiping the data.
- Now, set up your phone and make sure that the OEM unlocking option is greyed out.
- If not, wait for a few days and try again.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51
- Before you start Download Odin on your PC
- Download and extract the Galaxy M51 latest firmware which matches the version of software on your phone.
- Extract bootboot.img.lz4 from the AP tar file.
- Copy the boot image to your phone storage. Do note that the file is in tar format.
- Install Magisk Manager on your phone (canary build suggested) and click on Install in the Magisk Manager
- A pop up will appear where you will need to choose Select and Patch File
- Browse and Select the boot tar file and it will take a few seconds to patch.
- Once patched, Open Odin Tool nad until Auto-reboot and on the right-side load AP, BIL, CP, and Home CSC file.
- Boot your device to download mode again and hit start once your phone gets detected.
- Thats all, now you have done with Root Samsung Galaxy M51 and Unlock Bootloader.