Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader: Samsung Galaxy S20 series is the South Korean tech giants flagship series of the year. As most of you already know, Samsung Galaxy has two flagship lineups namely, Galaxy S-series and Galaxy Note series. After a huge success of the S20 series, the company has recently unveiled its Note series for this year. Although the Note series has mixed reviews, the company tossed in the S20 FE aka Fan Edition to level up it sales game.
Galaxy S20 FE is actually a watered-down version of the original Galaxy S20. Despite having the S20 moniker, Samsung has released this device at a price where every penny justifies as the device comes with the right compromises for the most part. Although there are a few let downs, the device still retains that amazing Super AMOLED screen from the S20 series, excellent cameras, and top of the line performance.
The device comes with the latest One UI out of the box with much smoother performance and overall stability, but however, if you still want to root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader, it is understandable. With that said, let us discuss a bit around the specifications and features of the device before we started with How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Specifications
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE was launched in the month of October 2020. The device features a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 85.68%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 405 PPI and just like various other flagships at this price, the S20 FE features a 120Hz display refresh rate.
Underneath the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. Adreno 650 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 865 is a top of the line SoC which integrates a fast prime core that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance core, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz each. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that can clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 6 GB of RAM and 8 GB of RAM and is coupled with 128 GB or 256 GB of onboard storage. It is worth noting that there is a hybrid sim slot option to expand the storage here.
As for the optics, the device comes with a triple rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 12 MP unit with f/1.76 aperture with 26mm focal length and 1.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 12 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 13mm focal length and 1.12 um pixel size. The third sensor is a telephone unit of 8 MP with 3x optical zoom. On the front, there is a 32 MP F/2.2 selfie shooter.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE runs Android 10 out of the box with One UI 2.5 skin on top. The in-display fingerprint sensor, barometer, accelerometer, gyro, and etc takes an account here and all this is powered by a 4500 mAh battery with 25W fast charging support and 15W wireless charging support.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader
Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader — Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface.
By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Now, power off your device and press and hold volume up + volume down simultaneously, and connect your phone to PC.
- When it shows a warning screen on your phone release both the buttons and now the device will boot into download mode. If you are stuck or unable to move forward follow this guide.
- Once the device is in download mode long-press the volume up button and the device will start wiping the data.
- Now, set up your phone and make sure that the OEM unlocking option is greyed out.
- If not, wait for a few days and try again.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Before you start Download Odin on your PC
- Download and extract the Galaxy S20 FE latest firmware which matches the version of software on your phone.
- Extract bootboot.img.lz4 from the AP tar file.
- Copy the boot image to your phone storage. Do note that the file is in tar format.
- Install Magisk Manager on your phone (canary build suggested) and click on Install in the Magisk Manager
- A pop up will appear where you will need to choose Select and Patch File
- Browse and Select the boot tar file and it will take a few seconds to patch.
- Once patched, Open Odin Tool nad until Auto-reboot and on the right-side load AP, BIL, CP, and Home CSC file.
- Boot your device to download mode again and hit start once your phone gets detected.
- Thats all, now you have done with Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader.
Now, this is how you can Root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader. If this guide helped you toRoot Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Unlock Bootloader, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use OnePlus 8T. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.