Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader: After limiting its high-end flagships for its home country for a few years, Xiaomi has returned with a bang and went head-to-head against the OnePlus 8 series. Mi 10 is an outstanding device, but then again, it comes with its own flaws. Recently, Xiaomi has announced Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro. Mi 10T Pro is not actually an upgrade to the original Mi 10, but the 10T Pro on the other hand gained quite a lot of popularity in a very little time.
To be honest, Mi 10T Pro is an odd device and no one is sure where it fits into the company’s range of smartphones. But taken its own merits with its screen, performance, and camera… the device has gained a strong first impression. Regardless of all that, in this guide, let us discuss how to root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader easily. But before we start, let us take a look at Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro specifications and features, shall we?
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro Specifications
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro was launched in the month of October 2020. The device features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at 85.15%, thanks to the punch-hole display notch. The pixel density here is 395 PPI and the devices boast a whopping 144Hz display refresh rate which is an upgrade from 90 Hz found on its predecessor.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. Adreno 650 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 865 is a top of the line SoC which integrates a fast prime core that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance core, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz each. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that can clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 8 GB of RAM and is coupled with 128 GB of onboard storage. It is worth noting that there is no option to expand the storage here.
As for the optics, the device comes with a triple rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 108 MP unit with f/1.7 aperture with 26mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 13 MP F/2.4 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 14mm focal length and 1.12 um pixel size. The third sensor is a useless one and not worth discussing. But to mention, the tertiary is a 5 MP macro camera and on the front, there is a 20 MP sensor with an F/2.2 aperture.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top. MIUI 12 is a feature-rich skin with a plethora of features and is a UI that has good after-sale update support. The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted and the device comes in three colors including Cosmic Black, Lunar Silver, Aurora Blue. All this is backed by a 5000 mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. With the specifications out of the way, let us now discuss How to Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader Easily.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader
Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader — Rooting might sound very easy to perform, but these days, smartphones are getting more and more secure which essentially means, it just does not only take one application to root in completely, like the olden days. These days, unlocking the bootloader is a mandatory thing to do when it comes to rooting your device. Without bootloader unlock, there is no way that you can root your device, regardless of the OEM. The whole point here is rooting not only voids the warranty, reduce the security of your device, but it also is a take consuming process.
But then again, rooting is fun. Once you unlock the bootloader and root your device you can use various audio, camera mods which is bump up your device’s performance to a whole new level. Now, with that said, let us dive into the process of Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader, shall we?
What is Bootloader?
Basically, the Android device is like a hard drive that has quite a lot of partitions, which grasps the Android system file in one and all the app data in an additional. And for all these partitions, Bootloader serves as a security verge that is responsible for examination and initializing the hardware and starting software. Do note that the warranty will be void if unlocked.
You can perform many activities once your bootloader is unlocked. You can root your device and install TWRP recovery if it is available for your device. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are intending to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us now discuss How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi 10T Pro
- The first and the foremost step of unlocking the bootloader on any of your Android devices should be — Taking a Full Backup of your Device. The reason is that unlocking the bootloader results in a factory reset of your device, which essentially means, all your data will be deleted.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Now, come back to the main Settings page again, and choose Mi Account
- Once you open Mi Account, choose Mi Cloud, and from here Enable Sync and Find Device. It is also recommended to sync all the apps first. Also apply for Mi Unlock Permission,
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to System and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your computer and log in with the same credentials and mobile number.
- Once logged in, connect your device in the fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device first and press and hold volume down + power key to enter Mi Fastboot Mode.
- Now, your device will be detected by the app on your computer.
- Choose to Unlock now, and wait for 10-15 seconds. You will have to wait for 72 hours to unlock your device now.
- After 72 hours, perform the same steps and you can unlock your device now. That is how you can Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro (Step-by-Step Process)
- Download and extract Mi 10T Pro’s boot image or firmware on your computer.
- Once downloaded, enter the Downloads folder on your device, open the firmware by extracting it and rename to boot image to patched_boot.img
- Connect your device to the computer again and enter the bootloader.
- Now, open ADB Folder and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And once done, you can restart your device and download Magisk Manager. You have now successfully done with the process of Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader.
Now, this is how you can Root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader. If this guide helped you to root Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Unlock Bootloader, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.