How to Update Xiaomi Mi 3 to Android Oreo 8.0
So do you want to Update Mi 3 to android 8.0 Oreo? Today in this guide we will show you How to Update your Mi 3 to android 8.0 Oreo, Mi 3 was one of the very first flagship devices from Xiaomi in india and it came at a price tag of around 13,999. The device still runs on Android 6.0 marshmallow and no further update for the device is planned yet.
The Xiaomi Mi 3 comes with a 5.o inch screen which has a resolution of 1080X1920 and comes with 441 pixels per inch , Coming to the processor of the smartphone so the device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor coupled with 2Gb of ram. For gaming and good graphics, the Xiaomi Mi 3 comes with Adreno 330 Gpu . As mentioned earlier that the smartphone still runs on Android 6. marshmallow so we will show you How to Update Xiaomi Mi 3 to android 8.0 oreo.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Mi 3
So as we all know that Xiaomi mi 3 is an old device and that’s the biggest reason that it will not get official android 8.0 oreo update from the company, But the users who want to get latest Android 8.0 Oreo on their devices can simply install AOSP 8.0 and enjoy the latest Android version.
Being a Custom rom there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow so make sure you follow all of them carefully.
Pre-requirements before you Update Xiaomi Mi 3 to Android 8.0
- The AOSP 8.0 rom is only for Xiaomi Mi 3 Cancro so Don’t install it on any other device as it will brick your smartphone
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery on your smartphone so that your device doesn’t shut down in between the installation procedure
- Minimum 4Gb of space is required to install the android 8.0 oreo update
- TWRP recovery is required to flash the update on your smartphone, You can follow this guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 3
Features of AOSP 8.0 Oreo rom for Mi 3
- The rom is based on Latest android 8.0 Oreo version
- AOSP 8.0
- Multiwindow helps in using other apps at same time
- Battery optimization tweaks that increase battery backup Up to 30%
- Ram manager helps in multitasking
- New wallpapers, New UI and New design
Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo rom for Mi 3
Upgrade Xiaomi Mi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- First of all Download Oreo rom for Mi 3 from
- Now Rename the rom to Update.zip or Rom.zip
- Now move the rom to the root of sd card
- Now turn off your smartphone completely
- Now you have to boot your Mi 3 in TWRP recovery mode
- After booting in recovery mode you will see many options on the screen
- First of all Tap on Wipe
- Now choose Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now choose Wipe cache Partition
- Now tap on backup and make a backup of the stock os so that you can revert back if anything goes wrong
- Now tap on Install
- Now Choose the rom file you downloaded earlier
- Now Swipe to confirm the installation
- Now The installation will be started
- Now Tap on Reboot
- The first reboot will take around 5 minutes to complete
- Thats all !!! you have successfully installed android 8.0 Oreo rom on your Mi 3
So this was our Guide on How to Update Xiaomi Mi 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo, we hope this guide helped you in updating your android smartphone to the latest Android 8.0 and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.