Update Redmi 2 to Android P 9.0
So do you want to Update Redmi 2 to Android 9.0 P? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the Guide to Install Android 9.0 p. Android P is the latest operating system from google and thats the reason many users want to update their smartphones to new Os. The New Android 9.0 p comes with many new features which are missing in older Android versions.
Redmi 2 is a good device but as it is from xiaomi so there is no official support from the developers, The Device still runs on Android Kitkat 4.4 which is a Old os now. In this guide we will show you the easiest way to update Redmi 2 to Android 9.0 P using a custom rom. The Redmi 2 comes with a 4.7 inch display and under the hood of the smartphone there is Qualcomm snapdragon 410 quad core processor coupled with 2Gb ram for the higher variant and 1gb ram for the Standard variant. So without wasting much time lets start the Guide On How to Update Redmi 2 to Android 9.0 P.
Install Android 9.0 P on Redmi 2 Easily
So as we told you earlier that the device is old and thats why there will be no official support from xiaomi, But there is a Good news today in this guide we will show you the easiest way to Install Android P on Your xiaomi redmi 2. Incase if you dont like the latest android 9.0 and you want to Update your redmi 2 to Android 8.0 oreo you can follow our Guide to Update Redmi 2 to Android 8.0 oreo. So before you start installing Android 9.0 p on your smartphone there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow.
Things to Remember before you Install Android 9.0 p on Redmi 2
- This Guide is Only for Redmi 2 so Dont try this on any other smartphone, As doing this will brick your Android Phone
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in your Phone so that it doesn’t gets turned off during the installation procedure
- Make sure you have made backup of all important files so that you can get them back if anything goes wrong
- You can Download Android 9.0 P rom for Redmi 2 from Here and then Flash on your Device
- After Downloading make sure that you rename the Update package to Update.zip
- TWRP recovery is required to Install Android 9.0 p rom on redmi 2, You can follow our guide to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 2
Steps to Update Redmi 2 to Android 9.0 P Custom Rom
- Make sure that you have completed all things given in the pre-requirements section
- Now Go to Settings and tap on Build number for 7 times
- Now you will see Developer option enabled in the settings
- Now Enable USB debugging on your device
- Now Turn off your smartphone
- Now Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode
- Now Tap on Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on Wipe Cache partition
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose the Update.zip Rom package you downloaded Earlier
- Now Swipe right to confirm the installation
- Now Wait for sometime
- Now You will get Successful installation message on your phone screen
So this was our Guide on How to Update Redmi 2 to Android 9.0 p, We hope this guide helped you. incase if you have any doubt feel free to Write Down in the comments section below.