Fix: Pixel Watch App Crashing/Not Working: Have you ever been in the middle of a workout and had your Pixel Watch app crash? Or maybe it just won’t work at all? It can be really frustrating, especially when you’re trying to track your progress or connect with friends. Fortunately, there are some simple fixes you can try if your Pixel Watch app isn’t working properly. In this article, we will walk you through the steps necessary to get your app back up and running. Whether it’s an issue with connectivity or compatibility, these tips will help get you back on track in no time.
What is causing the app to crash?
If you’re experiencing crashes or freezes with the Pixel Watch app, there are a few potential causes:
1. Outdated Software: Make sure you’re running the latest version of the app and Android Wear OS on your watch. You can check for updates in the Google Play Store.
2. Hardware issues: If your watch is having hardware issues, it may be causing the app to crash. Try restarting your watch and see if that helps.
3. Compatibility issues: Some devices are not compatible with the Pixel Watch app. Check the list of supported devices to see if yours is included.
4. Buggy app: Sometimes apps can develop bugs that cause them to crash. If you think this might be the case, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the problem.
How to fix the app crashing issue
If you’re experiencing the Pixel Watch app crashing or not working, there are a few things you can do to fix the issue.
First, try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If you’re still having trouble, reach out to Google Support for help.
FIX 1: Update Google Play Service
If your Pixel Watch is crashing or not working properly, one potential fix is to update Google Play Services. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
2. Tap the menu icon (three lines) in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap “My apps & games.”
4. Update Google Play Services by tapping “Update” next to it.
5. Restart your watch and see if the problem has been fixed.
FIX 2: Delete Data Google Play Service
If the Pixel Watch app is crashing or not working, one possible fix is to delete the data for the Google Play Services app. This will reset the app and hopefully fix any issues.
To do this, go to Settings > Apps > All apps and find Google Play Services. Tap on it and then select Storage. Here, you will see an option to Clear Data. Tap on this and confirm. This will delete all the data for the app and reset it to its default settings.
After doing this, try opening the Pixel Watch app again and see if it works. If it does, great! If not, there are a few other possible fixes you can try.
FIX 3: Downgrade Google Play Service
If you’re still having trouble with the app after trying the first two fixes, you can try downgrading your Google Play Service. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps.
2. Scroll down and tap on Google Play Services.
3. Tap on Uninstall updates. If you’re asked if you want to replace this app with the factory version, tap OK.
4. Once the updates are uninstalled, restart your phone and try opening the app again.
FIX 4: Delete Data of Pixel Watch App
If your Pixel Watch App is crashing or not working, you can try deleting the data pixel watch app. This might fix the problem.
To delete the data pixel watch app, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps. Find the app and tap on it. Tap Storage > Clear cache/Clear data. This will delete the app’s data and hopefully fix the problem.
FIX 5: Downgrade Pixel Watch App
If your Pixel Watch App is crashing or not working, you can try downgrading the app to an older version. To do this, go to the Google Play Store and search for “Pixel Watch App”. Then, scroll down to the “Versions” section and select an older version of the app. Once the app has been installed, restart your watch and see if the problem has been fixed.
FIX 6: Disable Magisk Modules
If you’re using Magisk and have the Pixel Watch app installed, you may have noticed that the app crashes or doesn’t work properly. This is because some of the Magisk modules are incompatible with the app. To fix this, you need to disable the offending module(s).
First, launch the Magisk Manager app and go to the Modules section. Here, you will see a list of all the modules that are currently enabled. Find the module(s) that are causing problems with the Pixel Watch app and disable them. Once disabled, restart your phone and try opening the Pixel Watch app again. It should now work without any issues.
Other tips to fix Pixel Watch App issues
If you’re still having trouble with the Pixel Watch App after following the tips above, there are a few other things you can try.
First, make sure that your phone’s software is up to date. To do this, go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. If an update is available, install it and then try using the Pixel Watch App again.
Second, restart your phone. This can sometimes fix issues with apps that are acting up. To restart your phone, press and hold the power button until the “Power off” prompt appears. Tap “Power off” and then wait for your phone to finish shutting down. Once it’s turned off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
Third, uninstall and reinstall the Pixel Watch App. Sometimes an app can become corrupt and cause problems. To uninstall the app, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Pixel Watch App > Uninstall. Then, go to the Google Play Store and search for “Pixel Watch App.” Install the app and then try using it again.
If you’ve tried all of these tips and you’re still having trouble with the Pixel Watch App, reach out to Google Support for help
- Use Google Pixel Watch LTE in Unsupported Country
- How to Unlock Samsung Phones Forgot Password or Google Account (FRP)
In conclusion, we have discussed several possible solutions to the issue of Pixel Watch App crashing or not working. From restarting your device to reinstalling the app or updating its software, there are a variety of ways you can try and fix this issue. If none of these solutions work for you, it may be time to consider contacting Google Support or visiting an authorized service center for help with your Pixel Watch App.