How to Update Oneplus X to Android 7.0 Nougat N using CM14 rom .
Now you can Update Oneplus x to Android Nougat 7.0 by Installing Cm14 rom in Oneplus x . Recently the company rolled out marshmallow update for the device but the users who want to update to the new version can simply install Nougat 7.0 based rom on the device .
Oneplus was launched last year and at the time of the launch the device was running on android Lollipop but recently company released official marshmallow upgrade for the device , So the users who want to upgrade in Marshmallow can simply download the update by going in Settings > About phone > System updates and install it . The users who want Nougat 7.0 Update for Oneplus x can follow the guide .
Download and Install Oneplus X Android Nougat 7.0 Update .
So basically we will use a Nougat 7.0 based custom rom to update oneplus x to android 7.0 Nougat . CM14 is a rom based on android 7.0 and the rom comes with all features of the latest android version , Plus in addition you get some more features of CM14 :-
- Cyanogenmod 14
- Based on android 7.0 Nougat
- Comes with theme support
- The rom is pre rooted
- No Hang or Lag problem .
- Smooth .
- Battery tweaks to increase battery backup .
Here are things working in the rom :-
- All Sensors
- SD Card
- All Apps
Pre-requisites before flashing the rom :-
- This custom rom is only for Oneplus x .
- TWRP or CWM recovery is required to flash the rom
- Minimum 4Gb of space is required in the internal memory of the smartphone to flash the rom .
- A Usb Cable and computer is required .
- 60-80% minimum battery is required to update the phone .
So lets start the Guide :-
Steps to Update Oneplus X to Android N 7.0 Nougat .
- First of all Download Nougat 7.0 Custom rom for Oneplus x . ( Download the rom in Your Computer )
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- Now connect your Smartphone to computer using the usb cable .
- Now transfer the File in the root of internal memory .
- Now rename the file to Update.zip
- Now Disconnect your phone from pc .
- Now you have to boot your device in TWRP recovery mode .
- To boot in recovery mode first of all completely turn off your phone .
- Now press volume Down and Power button together .
- Dont release the keys until the smartphone in recovery mode .
- Once the smartphone boots in recovery mode you will see many options like below :-
- First of all Tap on Wipe , Now choose
- Wipe Data / factory reset
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on backup and make a backup of all files
- Now tap on Install and choose the Update.zip file .
- The installation will take around 5 minutes to complete .
- After successful installation you will get a notification ” CM14 update.zip flashed installed successfully ” .
- Now press Reboot .
- Thats all !! You have successfully update Oneplus x to Android 7.0 Nougat .
So this was our guide on How to Update Oneplus x to android 7.0 Nougat , I hope this guide helped you .