Update Galaxy Grand 2 to Android 7.0 Nougat Cyanogenmod 14 rom
Do you want to update galaxy grand 2 to nougat 7.0 ? and want to install CM14 in Samsung galaxy grand 2 ? if yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the Nougat update for galaxy grand 2 .
Samsung galaxy grand 2 is the successor of grand 1 smartphone , The smartphone comes with a 5.2″ huge screen and 720X1280 resolution . Under the hood there is Qualcomm snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1.5Gb ram . The Samsung galaxy grand 2 officially runs on android 4.4.2 kitkat and as the smartphone is old so there are no chances that their will be any Galaxy grand official android 7.0 nougat update . So today in this guide we will tell you the way to update the device .
Install CM14 in Samsung galaxy Grand 2
As the smartphone was launched in 2014 so it is confirmed that their will be no official android 7.0 nougat update for galaxy grand 2 So we will install cm14 for galaxy grand 2 to upgrade it . Cyanogenmod 14 for samsung galaxy grand 2 comes with many new features. The custom rom is based on android 7.0 nougat and comes with all features of android nougat 7.0.
Android 7.0 is the latest operating system of google and it comes with many new features and upgrades over android 6.0 marshmallow . The best feature of new android 7.0 nougat is the multi window feature which makes multitasking easy and lets use any other app without leaving the current app.
CM14 rom for galaxy grand 2 comes with many features and some of them are :-
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Cyanogenmod themes
- Android 7.0 Nougat wallpapers / Ringtones
- Gravity box support .
- No hang and lag problem
- The rom is smooth
- Much faster then the stock rom
Cm14 for samsung galaxy grand 2 is a custom rom so there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow before installing the custom rom on device and make sure you follow each and every step carefully :-
- Make sure you install Cm14 in galaxy grand 2 only and not on any other smartphone as this rom is for grand 2 smartphone only .
- CWM or TWRP recovery is required to install cm14 on galaxy grand 2 .
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery in your smartphone .
- Minimum 4Gb of space is required to install nougat 7.0 on galaxy grand 2 .
- It is recommended that you download the update in your pc .
- A usb cable is also required to copy the rom in your device .
- Active internet connection is also required to Download CM14 for galaxy grand 2.
The rom is Stable and almost everything works fine on the rom below is the list of things that are working fine in Nougat update for Samsung galaxy grand 2 :-
- Sim Card
- Everything works fine
Update Galaxy Grand 2 in Android 7.0 Nougat
- First of all Download CM14 for galaxy grand 2 .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- Now connect your device to Computer using a usb cable .
- Now copy and paste the CM14 rom in the root of sd card .
- Now rename the CM14.zip to update.zip .
- Now disconnect the device from pc .
- Now make sure the file is present in your device .
- Now you have to boot your smartphone in Twrp recovery mode .
- To boot in TWRP recovery mode press volume up + Power + home buttons together .
- Dont release the keys until your smartphone boots in recovery mode .
- After your smartphone enters in recovery mode you will see many options on the screen :-
- Now tap on Wipe
- Wipe Data / factory reset .
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on backup
- This will make backup of current installed os and this will help in future if anything goes wrong
- Now tap on Install
- Now select the Update.zip file placed in the root of sd card .
- Now you will be asked to confirm the installation .
- Now tap on yes and confirm the installation .
- The installing procedure will take around 5 minutes to complete .
- Once the process is complete you will get a notification ” Update.zip flashed successfully ” .
- Now go back to the main screen and tap on Reboot .
- Thats All !! You have successfully updated your samsung galaxy grand 2 to android 6.0 marshmallow .
The first reboot usually takes around 5-8 minutes to complete and thats normal because in that period the device prepares necessary files and apps to boot the smartphone . Rest all boot will take normal time .
How to Update Galaxy Grand 2 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Galaxy Grand 2 to android 7.0 nougat .
Screenshots of CM14 rom for samsung galaxy grand 2 :-
To check if the device is successfully update to android 7.0 Nougat or not then you can simply go to Settings > About phone > Android version and check the android version .
Thats All !!! This was our guide on How to update Samsung galaxy grand 2 to android 7.0 nougat, i hope you liked CM14 for galaxy grand 2 .