Update Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Using Cyaongenmod 14 Rom
Do you want to update xperia z5 to android 7.0 nougat ? and want to install cm14 in xperia z5 ? If yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the Nougat 7.0 update for xperia z5 .
Xperia Z5 is one of the first Xperia devices to get official nougat 7.0 update . The device comes with 5.2″ screen and 428 ppi, coming to the hardware so the device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor and 3Gb ram . The device also features a 23Mp rear camera which captures good images, At front there is a 5.1Mp camera with f/2.4 . The smartphone comes with fast charging technology which charges the smartphone upto 60% in just 30 Minutes . As the smartphone comes with a good processor so in coming days sony is also expected to release official android 7.0 nougat update for Sony xperia Z5, But till then you can install Cyanogenmod 14 rom in xperia z5 to upgrade it to latest android version .
Install Android 7.0 Nougat in Sony Xperia Z5
Official Nougat 7.0 update for xperia z5 is already confirmed by the company and the users who want to update officially can wait for some days and the users who want to install Nougat rom in their device can follow this guide .
To update the device we will install cm14 in xperia z5, CM14 is a nougat based custom rom, The custom rom comes with many new features and some of the main features are below :-
- Android 7.0 nougat
- Nougat themes
- Gravity box support
- New wallpapers and ringtones
- No hang or Lag issue
- Multi window feature .
- Multitasking manager
- Battery manager
Android 7.0 Nougat is the latest android version which comes with many new features and upgrades . The best feature of Nougat is the System ui tuner which lets you customize quick settings menu . The another best feature of the new os is the multi window feature which makes multitasking easy .
As this is a custom rom so there are some points and pre-requisites you have to remember before you install cyanogenmod 14 rom in sony xperia z5 :-
- Make sure there is more then 4Gb space in the internal memory .
- Minimum 65% battery is required to install the rom in Xperia z5 .
- This custom rom is only for Sony xperia Z5 so dont try to flash it on any other device .
- It is recommended to download cm14 for xperia z5 in your pc only and then transfer to your mobile usig a usb cable .
- Make a backup of all important files and contacts .
Related : Android 7.0 Nougat features .
The Cm14 rom for sony xperia z5 is a stable rom and ALMOST everything is working fine in the rom, Below is a list of main things which are working fine in the rom :-
- Everything works fine .
How to Update Xperia Z5 to Nougat 7.0
- First of all Connect your Xperia Z5 to pc using a usb cable .
- Now Download nougat 7.0 update in your pc .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- After downloading copy the rom and paste it in the root of sdcard .
- Now you have to boot your smartphone in recovery mode .
- To boot in recovery mode press Power button and volume down button together .
- Dont release the keys until your smartphone enters in recovery mode .
- After you boot your device in recovery mode you will see many options :-
- Tap on Wipe
- Wipe Data / factory reset
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on backup and make a backup of current os .
- Now tap on Install .
- As soon as you tap on install you will get a option to choose Zip file from sdcard .
- Now choose the nougat update you downloaded earlier .
- Now you will be asked to confirm the installation .
- Just tap on yes .
- After successful installation you will get a notification on the screen ” CM14.zip installed successfully ” .
- Thats all !! your device is successfully updated to android 7.0 nougat .
- Now just tap on reboot .
How to Update Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0 Nougat officially
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update Xperia Z5 to android 7.0 nougat .
Screenshots of CM14 on Sony Xperia Z5 :-
To Check if your device is successfully updated to android 7.0 nougat or not then you can simply go to settings > About phone and check android version of your xperia z5 .
So this was our guide on How to update sony xperia z5 to nougat 7.0 . I hope you liked our guide .