Last updated on February 22nd, 2017 at 04:36 pm
Update Lenovo Vibe K5, Vibe K5 Plus to Android N 7.0 Nougat Using Cyanogenmod 14 .
Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 plus are new smartphones and also they are one of the very first smartphone of lenovo which got CM14 rom . Both Lenovo vibe K5 and K5 plus share same screen, Camera, Battery and the only difference we noticed was the Processor . Vibe K5 comes with Snapdragon 415 and the K5 plus comes with Snapdragon 617 processor , Both the devices come with android Lollipop 5.0 android version out of the box . So today we are here with the Guide on How to Update Lenovo vibe K5 and Lenovo vibe K5 Plus to android 7.0 Nougat .
Install Android N 7.0 Nougat CM14 in Lenovo Vibe K5 / K5 Plus .
- Based on Android n 7.0 nougat .
- Cyanogenmod theme support .
- Android 7.0 ringtones .
- Android 7.0 Wallpapers .
- Gravity box support
- The rom is Already rooted .
- No lag
- No hang problems while playing games
- Better battery backup compared to the stock rom
- This custom rom is only for Lenovo K5/K5 plus , Make sure you dont flash it on any other device because it may brick your device .
- There should be more then 70% battery in the device .
- TWRP recovery is required to flash the update .
- Make Sure there is more then 4Gb of space in your smartphone .
How to Update Lenovo Vibe K5 to Android N 7.0 Nougat .
- First of all Download CM14 for Lenovo K5 . ( Scritch007 )
- Make sure you download the Rom in your Laptop or Computer .
- Now connect you Vibe K5 to Pc .
- After connecting Copy the CM14 rom and place it in the root of sd card .
- Now disconnect the smartphone .
- Now rename the CM14.zip to Update.zip .
- Now you have to Boot Your Lenovo K5 to Recovery mode .
- To boot In recovery mode you Have to Press volume up + power button together .
- Dont release the keys until the smartphone boots in recovery mode .
- After entering in recovery mode you will see many options on the screen .
- First of all you have to Tap on Wipe .
- Now choose wipe Data / factory reset .
- Wipe Cache partition .
- Wipe Dalvik cache .
- Now press the back button .
- Now You have to make a backup of the current system and files .
- The backup process will take some time , However it is always recommended to make backup .
- Now tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file .
- As soon as you choose Nougat 7.0 Update.zip file for Lenovo K5 the recovery will ask to confirm installation .
- Just tap on yes install Now .
- The updating procedure will take around 5 minutes to complete and as soon as the process gets completed you will get a notification saying ” CM14 flashed successfully ” .
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.