Update LG G4 to Nougat Official Lineage os
Lg G4 was launched in 2015, The device comes with a 5.5 inch screen with 72.5% screen to body ratio and 538 pixel per inch density . It is worth mentioning that the device comes with one of the best vibrant and bright display. For protection of the display there is a corning gorilla glass 3 coating on the top which protects it from scratches and cracks . The smartphone comes with Snapdragon 808 hexa core processor and 3gb of ram . To capture images there is a 13mp camera unit at the back and a at front there is a 8mp shooter . Lg G4 was launched with Android lollipop but after then company released a marshmallow update for the device and after that no further updates were given to the device . So in this guide we will show you How to Update Lg g4 to android nougat 7.0 officially by installing Lineage os rom .
Lineage os is a all new custom rom, The rom came in development after cyanogen os closed its all services, nightly builds and Updates on 30th and users who are using cyanogen os will no longer be supported . So Lets start the guide on How to Update Lg G4 to nougat .
Download and Install Lineage os on Lg G4
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Multiwindow feature
- Multitasking manager
- New Themes and Wallpapers
- Smooth and stable rom
- This nougat update for Lg g4 can be installed only on G4 so dont try to flash it on any other device .
- CWM or TWRP recovery is required to install the rom on your device , You can Check the guide on How to Install TWRP/CWM recovery on any android without pc.
- Minimum 65% of battery is required in your device to install nougat 7.0 on lg g4 .
- It is recommended that you download the update in your pc only .
- Make sure there is more then 4gb of space in the internal memory .
Upgrade Lg G4 to Android Nougat 7.0 officially
- As Mentioned in the pre-requirements Download the rom in your pc .
- Now connect your device to Pc using a usb cable .
- Make sure the pc recognizes your device .
- Now Rename the rom to Update.zip .
- Now You have t boot your lg g4 in twrp recovery mode .
- To boot press Volume Down + Power button together .
- Dont release the keys until smartphone boots in recovery mode .
- Now on the screen you will see many option :-
- First of all Tap on Wipe .
- Wipe Data/Factory reset .
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache partition .
- Now Tap on backup .
- Now make a backup of Stock rom .
- The backup process may take around 5-8 minutes to complete .
- Now Go back to the main recovery screen and tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file .
- Now you will be asked to confirm the installation Just tap on yes .
- As soon as you tap on Install the installation will start .
- Now after successful installation you will get a Notification ” Zip file updated successfully ” .
- Now just go back to the main screen and tap on Reboot .
- Thats all !!! This is How you can Update LG G4 to Android 7.0 Nougat .
- First of all go to the settings of your device .
- Now Open about phone .
- Now tap on Check for system updates option .
- If there is a system update available you will get notification saying ” System Update is available ” Just tap on Update now .
- Thats all !!! So this was how you can Officially update LG G4 to android 7.0 nougat .
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.