Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo? if yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How to Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo. Yu Yureka was one of the first devices from Yu in india and the device was launched in the competition to Redmi Note 3G.
Yu is the sister brand of Indian Smartphone manufacturer Micromax, Yu Yureka comes with a 5.5 inch display and for the protection of the display, there is corning gorilla glass 3 coating. The smartphone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor which is an octa core processor and is clocked at 1.7ghz . Under the hood, there is 2Gb of ram which handles all tasks easily. The smartphone comes with Adreno 405 GPU which helps in delivering good graphics. The smartphone officially runs on android 5.1 lollipop but in this guide, we will show you How to Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo By installing a custom ROM.
Guide to Update Yu Yureka to Android Oreo 8.0
So being a old device Yu has officially discontinued the Developer support for Yu yureka so to update the phone we will use a Custom rom, The name of the custom rom we will use to Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo is Lineage os 15 . Lineage os is a continuation of Cyanogenos and it also comes with many new features and Upgrades . So before we start the guide on How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Yu Yureka there are some points and Pre-requirements you need to follow so make sure you follow all of them carefully:-
Pre-requirements before you Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo
- This custom rom is only for Yu Yureka so don’t try to install this rom on any other phone
- Make sure that there is more than 65% battery in your device.
- Make sure you have made a backup of all important files and contacts
- TWRP recovery is required to install the rom on Your Yu yureka
- As this is a custom rom so your warranty will be voided after you Install Android 8.0 Oreo rom on your Yu Yureka
Also read: How to Update Yu Yunique to Android 8.0 Oreo
Advantages after you Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo
- This Update is based on Latest android 8.0 Oreo So you will get the latest Android version on your device
- This custom rom for Yu yureka comes with many new features and upgrades
- The ROM comes with Ram manager which manages the apps running in the background and also extends the battery life.
Disadvantages after you Update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo
- As this is not a official update from YU so you will lost warranty after Installing it on your Android device
- No other Disadvantages
Download Android 8.0 Oreo Rom For Yu Yureka
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Rom in Yu Yureka
- First of all Download the Rom for Yu yureka
- Now Place the Zip file in the root Of Sd card
- Now you Have to Rename the Downloaded rom to Update.zip or Rom.zip
- Now turn off your smartphone completely
- Now boot the Device in TWRP recovery mode
- Now You will get Many options on the recovery screen
- First of all Tap on Wipe
- Now Tap on Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on Wipe Data/factory reset
- Now tap on Backup and create a backup of current installed os
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose Rom file you have downloaded earlier
- Now Wait for the rom to get installed on your device
- After Some time you will get Installation Successful notification on the screen
- Now you will get Reboot option on the screen
- The first reboot will take around 5 minutes however it is normal
- Thats All !!! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo on your Yu Yureka
So this was our guide on How to update Yu Yureka to Android 8.0 Oreo, we hope this guide helped you and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.