How to Relock Bootloader of Any Android Smartphone
So do you want to relock bootloader of any android phone? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide on How to relock bootloader of any android phone. If you are reading this post I’m pretty sure that you must have unlocked the bootloader of your device for installing a Custom ROM, a Custom Recovery or maybe even to root your device. But now you want to relock your device’s bootloader because maybe you received an update, or you want to sell your device, or just want to go back to the Stock Android of your Device for a stock experience then this guide on Lock bootloader of any android mobile is for you.
How to Lock Bootloader of Any Android Phone After Root
In this tutorial, you will see how you can quickly relock your phone’s bootloader in seconds via fastboot mode. You’ll also see the files required for this tutorial with their download links, prerequisites for relocking your bootloader and last but not least, the steps required for relocking your bootloader. So without Wasting Much time lets start the guide on How to Relock Bootloader of any Android Smartphone
- How to Install TWRP recovery on Any Android Smartphone Without PC
- How to Make any Android Smartphone Like iPhone X
Prerequisites before you Relock Bootloader of any Android Smartphone
- First of all download adb and fastboot files that are highly important for this tutorial to successfully work.
- Now download the latest version of USB Drivers for your phone on your PC. You can find these on your phone’s website or try finding them using a quick google search. If you are not able to find USB drivers specific for your phone, you can also download and install the latest version of Generic USB Drivers on your PC by downloading the installer from Here
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your phone via the developer options. If your phone doesn’t have developer options enabled, go to about phone section and tap 8 times on the Build Number which will enable your Developer Options where you can enable USB Debugging which is needed for this tutorial to successfully work.
How to Relock Bootloader of any android smartphone
- First, make sure that you fulfill all the conditions of the Prerequisites section. If you have not completed even one of them, make sure to complete them otherwise this tutorial will not be successful for you.
- After that boot, your device into fastboot mode, the procedure for this is different for every device, However, the most common way is to Hold Volume Up + Power button together until the smartphone enters in Fastboot mode. This mode will allow you to lock your bootloader.
- Now connect your phone to your PC via a USB Cable as we will be sending commands to the phone via the PC to relock the bootloader.
- Once this is done, go to the fastboot folder and open a command window here by right-clicking in an empty space while holding down the Shift button.
- Then at the command prompt simply type “fastboot OEM lock” and press enter. This command will lock your bootloader.
- After that enter “fastboot reboot” which will reboot your device on Android.
So this was our Guide on How to Relock Bootloader of any Android smartphone, We hope that we were able to lock your phone’s bootloader successfully. Also, let us know which device you have used this tutorial to lock the bootloader. If you liked this post share it with your friends on social media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.