Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 8a
So do you want to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8a? if yes then you are at right place. Today in this Guide we will show you the best way to Install Custom recovery on Redmi 8a. Xiaomi launched their new device in the indian market recently, This device is basically a successor of the Redmi 7a which was launched several months ago. So in this guide today we will show you the way to Install Custom recovery on your Xiaomi redmi 8a.
Before we start the guide let’s have a quick look at the specifications of the smartphone, Talking about the specifications of Redmi 8a, So the device comes with 6.2″ Display having 720X1520 pixels resolution and corning gorilla glass 5 protection which protects the smartphone from scratches and cracks from accidental falls. Under the hood of the smartphone there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor coupled with 3gb ram for the higher variant and 2gb ram for the lower variant. The smartphone comes with 5000mah battery which is supported by 18w fast charging. So as we told you earlier that in this guide we will show you the best way to Install TWRP for Redmi 8a
Install TWRP on Redmi 8a
So in this guide we will show you the way to Install TWRP on Redmi 8a, But before that you have to make sure that your smartphone has TWRP recovery installed incase if your smartphone doesn’t have TWRP recovery installed you can follow our guide to Install TWRP recovery on any android phone. Also just make sure that you follow all of the things given below:
Things to remember before you Install TWRP on Redmi 8a
- This Guide is only for Redmi 8a, So dont try to Install TWRP on your smartphone using this Guide as it may brick your Phone
- Make sure you Have made a backup of your important files
- Make sure there is more then 65% battery on your Android Phone
- Laptop or Pc is required to Install TWRP on redmi 8a
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- By installing a custom recovery, you can either root your device or install a custom ROM on your Redmi 8a
- You can either flash stock firmware, OTA updates or you can completely take over the custom development itself.
- Using TWRP or any custom recovery for that matter, you can easily flash the audio mods, camera mods and many other mods which can bring out the best from your device.
- Can tweak your Android device, by flashing the custom kernels using the custom recovery, where you can use your Redmi 8a like a boss. You can either set the phone to performance mode nor can you set it to get the best battery straight out of your phone.
Disadvantages of TWRP Custom Recovery
- Custom recoveries can brick your device if you are not sure what you are doing with the option available.
- Some custom ROMs cannot flash the stock ROMs and OTA.
- The malware and other spams balanced out there can effortlessly rupture your phone’s security.
Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Redmi 8a
- Download the TWRP file from Here.
- Find the TWRP file and extract it. For the extracting process you will either require WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Once extracted, open the folder and rename TWRP_3.0.2_x file name to “TWRP.img”
- Now copy that file and open Local Disk C.
- In Local Disk C find folder named ADB. Open the folder and paste the recovery there.
- Now open PowerShell or Command Prompt, by holding the Shift + Right click.
- Then select either PowerShell or Command Prompt.
- Now boot your device to Fastboot mode. If you’re not sure how to connect your phone to PC using USB and type “adb reboot bootloader”
- Now your device boots into Fastboot mode.
- Now type “ fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img”
- By entering that TWRP replaces stock recovery.
- Now type command “fastboot reboot”
Install TWRP on Redmi 8a Without PC
So there are many users who want to Install TWRP on Redmi 8a without pc, And if you are one of them you can follow our guide to Install TWRP on Any Android Without Pc. However rootupdate recommends using the PC method because it’s the most working method.
So this was all about the Way to Install TWRP for Redmi 8a, Incase if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below.
Harsh Chauhan is the founder of Rootupdate, He Launched this Blog Around 5 Year ago and Since then Rootupdate is one of the primary sources of Android News and Latest Leaks for users worldwide. When it comes to Apps, Chauhan will be the very first person to Know About it.