How to clear google chrome cache
So do you want to clear cache in chrome? If yes then you are at the right place. In this guide, we will show you the best way to Clear chrome browser cache in simple 3 steps. Make sure you read the guide till the end so that you don’t miss any important part.
Google chrome is one of the most used browsers in Windows PC and Mac os, the thing which makes this browser the best browser is its blazing fast speed which other browsers lack. Talking about Cache in google chrome so the browser stores cache in its database to load pages fastly next time.
With a big advantage, Cache has some disadvantages as well and the biggest among them is that when your browser has Cache stored it becomes slow and also consumes a lot of space in the C folder of your windows.
Having cache stored in the hard drive can also be a privacy issue to some of the users, so in this guide, we will show you the best way to clear cache in chrome.
Clear Cache in Chrome
1. You Can clear the cache of chrome using three different ways. ( You Can Directly Access Chrome Settings by going here chrome://settings/
- Click on the top right corner, There you will see three menu dots in the chrome browser. Now choose “More tools” > “Clear browsing Data” This is the First Way With which you can Clear data in Google chrome.
- There are Commands dedicated to clear cache in one go, for windows type “CTRL” + “Shift” + “Delete” and for Mac os type Command” + “Shift” + “Delete”
- 3rd Way and easiest way to Clear browser cache is by choosing “Menu” > “Settings” > “Advanced” > “Clear browsing data“.
2. Now You have to select the time period for which you want to delete cache, You will get the option “Clear the following items from” using the drop-down menu, Now choose the time, usually we prefer choosing “the beginning of time”.
- You will get 8 different options, the most common options you should select are “Browsing history”, “Download history” and Cached images and File.
3. Now Select “Clear browsing data” Using this option will clear all the cache stored in Google chrome browser
Google Account Data
If you use google chrome then you might know that there are two Data stored when you use the internet, One is the Local data and the other one is Google account data. In the above steps, we told you the way to clear local data and now in the below steps we will show you the easiest way to Delete online data.
- Open Any browser of your choice, Now open Google My Activity Page.
- Now tap on the (3 Dots) menu options present on the Right side and Select Delete
- Again Open Menu, Select Delete Activity by and choose the Correct option.
Advantages after Cleaning Cache in Chrome
The size of the cache can be in Gb sometimes, Now just imagine that if you are using an SSD and you have installed google chrome in Disk C so it will take a lot of space and will make your PC slower.
We have seen significant improvement after Deleting cached data in all of our browsers, By default browsers store cache of visited websites to load them faster when you visit next time. But there are many Websites which we never visit again and cached data of those Sites are of no use.
Thats All!! this is how you can Easily delete the Online Google account data easily.
So this was all about the easiest way to clear cache in google chrome, We hope this guide helped you Incase if you have any doubt feel free to write down in the comments section below.
Also, Read IDMGCEXT.CRX Free Download
How long does it take to clear cache in Chrome?
Usually, it depends on the amount of Cache stored in your Chrome browser, Still, if you are clearing cache stored since 1 year it might take around 40-60 Seconds to completely delete the cache.
Does clearing cache delete passwords Chrome?
It Depends upon your if you want to delete passwords along with cache or not, When you visit the settings page you will get the option to choose if you want to delete chrome stored passwords or not.
Why does Chrome take so long to clear browsing data?
Stored data may vary from MB to gb in size, now if you haven’t cleared the stored data from many days then it will take longer time to completely delete the browsing data. It also depends on the amount of ram your PC has.
Will clearing cache delete anything?
Clearing cache in chrome will only delete the cached data, In the settings, you will get several options which include deleting the Passwords, cached data and many other things. It is always recommended that you keep clearing the cache in every 3 months.