Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War: COD Black Ops Cold War is one of the very recent additions to the COD portfolio and is gaining a lot of attention in recent times. The game is simply superb with some stunning graphics and overall gameplay and mechanics. With all this, a lot of gamer’s eyes are now on this title making it one of the most played games in recent times. With a lot of players playing at the same time, regardless of anything, it is very safe to say that high pings and lags in the gameplay are very much acceptable.
COD Black Ops Cold War is a first-person shooter title that is developed by Treyarch and Raven Software and is published by Activision. This is the sixth installment in the Black Ops series and the seventeenth installment in the overall Call of Duty series. COD Black Ops Cold War acts as a direct sequel to Call of Duty Black Ops 2012 and the game was now made available on November 13.
So, if you are a COD Black Ops Cold War player and are facing similar issues then do consider reading the guide and performing the below-mentioned tasks on a precise basis. For those who are not aware of what exactly is ping, well, it is often referred to as latency which in fact is the time for a system to react to action as a click of a mouse button or a press of a button on the controller. If you are wondering why would one face such issues, well, the reasons here are various. It could be an issue from the server-side. This could also be an issue from the ISP side or could also be the outdated versions of GPU or conflict in the game files. With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process of fix high ping in COD Black Ops Cold War, shall we?
Method 1: Check for Game Server Status to Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War
- Open a browser of your choice.
- Once opened, visit the Activision server-status site by clicking here.
- If you are an Xbox user or PlayStation user, you can alternatively check the server status by visiting the below links accordingly:
Xbox Live Status Page
PlayStation Server Status Page
- If the servers are down or not responsive, all you can do is wait for the servers to turn up. This basically happens when the servers are undergoing maintenance or any fixing. We also recommend following Activision and Call of Duty on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated about servers and etc.
Method 2: Check for the Network Congestion to Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War
- Restart your computer if you are connected to the internet through LAN.
- Open any browser of your choice and visit speedtest.net or fast.com and perform a quick test.
- Now, wait until the complete test is performed and results are generated. If the ping is too high, more than 100 ms then this might be the reason why you are facing the issue of COD Black Ops Cold War Disconnected from Server.
- Now, contact the ISP is the only thing you could do. Also, you can try disconnecting devices that are connected to your Wireless Network.
Method 3: Update the Graphics Drivers to Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War
- Right Click on the Windows icon or Start key.
- Click and select the Device Manager settings
- Click on the tiny arrow which is located beside the Display Adapters settings.
- Also Read: How to Fix Assassins Creed Valhalla CE-34878-0 Error Easily
- Now, this opens the Display adapters settings and you can right-click and then select update drivers.
- Now, choose Select and choose the search automatically for the driver’s options.
- Now the process begins and this might take a bit of time to get over with.
Method 4: Close the Game and Restart to Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War
- Start playing the game as usual and whenever the issue arises, close the game.
- On your keyboard press, the CTRL key + SHIFT key + ESC key simultaneously to open the task manager on your computer. Alternatively, you can also right-click on the taskbar and choose an option for it.
- Now, click and choose on the Processes tab.
- Under the Processes tab, scroll down to the bottom until you find the Activison launcher or COD. Once you find its process, click on it to highlight.
- Once you click on the respective app process, click and choose the End Task option to end the task processes.
Now, this is how you can Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War. If this guide helped you to Fix High Ping in COD Black Ops Cold War, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who play COD. We at RootUpdate strive to bring you the latest Android, Windows, and Gaming guides and news every day. If you are interested in more posts like this one, do consider clicking on the red bell icon on the bottom right corner of your display to enable notifications. If you already did, sit back and relax. We will notify you each time we post a new article.