Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro: Even a year after the launch OnePlus 7 Pro is one such device that shines brighter than its successor. OnePlus 7 Pro without a doubt is the pinnacle for OnePlus. OnePlus 7 Pro brings a lot to the table including a fantastic display, super smooth performance, Oxygen OS, Warp Charge, and best of OnePlus cameras. But not every device shines in all the aspects and so does not the OnePlus. I mean the lack of Wireless charging tech is obviously a big deal considering the fact that it falls into the true flagship territory where it competes with the likes of Apples and Samsung’s of the world.
The pricing too was considered very high for a OnePlus device back then but it seems like people are getting used to see device from not so mainstream or tier one brands being priced heavily. But then again, There are many reasons to pick the OnePlus 7 Pro over any OnePlus phone. For starters, you can forget notches and punch-holes as the device features a full-screen display. OnePlus created an edge-to-edge display by embedding the camera lens in a mechanism that pops up at the top and the 7 Pro comes with a triple rear camera setup with no clutter sensors like depth, monochrome, and etc.
But then again, if you are bored of Oxygen OS, well, you always have an option to unlock the bootloader and flash custom ROMs. Although Oxygen OS has remained the USP for OnePlus devices for a long time, it gets really boring at a certain time, and if you want to flash a custom ROM to get more features on your OnePlus 7 Pro?
That is where the TWRP comes into the play. So, do you want to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro? Well, this guide is tailor-made for you. In this guide, let us discuss everything you need to know about TWRP recovery and How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro. But, before we dive into the process of How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro, let us discuss a bit around the specifications of the device, shall we?
OnePlus 7 Pro Specifications
OnePlus 7 Pro is launched in the month of June 2019. The device features a 6.67-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels. The aspect ratio of this display is 20:9 and the screen to body ratio stands at a solid 88.3%, thanks to the punch-hole display camera unit. The pixel density here is 515 PPI and the devices boast a 90 Hz display refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. Adreno 650 handles the graphic duties here. Snapdragon 855 is a top of the line SoC which integrates a fast prime core that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance core, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz each. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that can clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz each. The device comes with 8 GB of RAM and is coupled with 128 GB of onboard storage. It is worth noting that there is no option to expand the storage here.
As for the optics, the device comes with a triple rear camera setup. The primary sensor here is a 48 MP unit with an f/1.6 aperture with a 25mm focal length and 0.8um pixel size. The secondary sensor is a 16 MP F/2.2 ultrawide-angle sensor with a 13 mm focal length and 1um pixel size. The tertiary is an 8 MP telephoto sensor. The device runs Android 10 out of the box with Oxygen OS 11. The fingerprint sensor resides in the display and the device comes with 4G support out of the box. With the specifications out of the way let us now discuss How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro— Before we start, there is something you must know. To install TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro, you must unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 7 Pro. If you are wondering what is unlocking bootloader, well, bootloader is a code that exists in every operating system in order to start or run any particular device. A bootloader is a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. For instance, take any gadget that runs any operating system, it will without a doubt have a bootloader.
Android is an open-source operating system developer and is maintained by Google. But, it is worth noting that every manufacture have their own bootloader interface. By this time, you might have already understood that bootloaders usually come locked out of the box. If you are a Pro Android user and are planning to install or flash any custom ROM or Mod for that matter, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. With that said, let us jump into the process of install TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro, but before we start there are a few pre-requisites:
Pre-Requisites to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Install the latest USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before you begin with the process, make sure your device is charged at least 70%.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader of OnePlus 7 Pro
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Back up everything before you begin as all the data will get wiped.
Download TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 7 Pro
Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro
What is TWRP Recovery?
Each and every Android smartphone out there come with their own recovery which can perform very simpler tasks such as wiping the Data/Cache and etc. Do note that these recoveries can also install or flash zip files, but only manufacturers and signed zip files. If you want to flash a third-part aftermarket OS or a custom ROM, you will need a much powerful recovery and TWRP is one such recovery.
TWRP, in general stands for Team Win Recovery Project and, is one of the finest recovery projects after the CWM which is also referred to as ClockworkMod. TWRP, unlike CWM, is made available for the majority of Android devices and is also available in various forms.
TWRP for OnePlus 7 Pro Features
- Ability to flash custom ROMs.
- Easy root device by flashing Root files like Magisk
- Integrated format options
- Ability to Mount Storage
- SD Card Partition features
- ADB Sideload and Terminal Access
- Ability to flash various flashable zips and mods.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now, on your device open Settings. Now navigate to About Phone. Scroll down and you will get to see Build Number. Tap on the Build Number 7 times and you will be able to see a pop-up which says, “You are now a developer“
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and go to Additional Settings and choose Developer Options
- In the developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging options.
- Now, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to a PC.
- Once connected, type
ADB Reboot Bootloader
- Now, your phone shows a pop-up which you will need to allow.
- Now, your device has entered the Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode.
- Once entered, connect your device to the computer and now Open ADB Folder.
- Copy the TWRP file which you have downloaded to ADB Folder and rename it to TWRP.img
- In the ADB folder, open CMD or Powershell. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and perform a right mouse click.
- Now, choose Open CMD here or Open PowerShell here options.
- Once its opened, type the following command (or you can copy-paste and hit enter)
- Now, your device will be shown here in CMD or PowerShell. Once your phone is connected properly.
- Now type
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Once done, type
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
- Now, you will enter the TWRP recovery.
Now, this is how you can install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro. If this guide helped you to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro, do consider sharing this guide with your friends and family who use OnePlus 7 Pro. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us.