Update redmi 4 to Android Oreo 8.0
So do you want to Update redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo? if yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the Guide on How to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Xiaomi redmi 4 is the latest budget device from Xiaomi in India and it is also the successor of Redmi 3S.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with a 5 inch screen having 720X1280 resolution and 296 pixels per inch, coming to the processor so the smartphone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor which is coupled with 3Gb of ram. The smartphone comes with a 13Mp camera unit at the back end and a 5 Mp camera unit is placed at the front side. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Miui 8 and a Miui 9 Global update is also available for Redmi 4 . So without wasting much time, lets start the guide on how to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Update Redmi 4 to Android Oreo 8.0
So before you start the Upgrading procedure there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow.
Related: How to Update Redmi 4 to Miui 9
Pre-requirements before you Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- This guide is only for Redmi 4 India variant
- Make a backup of all Important files and contacts
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery in your smartphone
- Make sure your smartphone has more then 4Gb internal memory
- TWRP recovery is required to Install the Update on your device, Here is the Guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4
How to Update redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo Officially
- First of all Make sure that your device is Connected to the Internet
- Now Go to The Updater App
- Now tap on Check for Updates option
- Now Wait for the App to check if any update is available for your device or Not
- Now You will see Miui Update on your Screen.
- Now Tap on Download and install
- After Downloading you will get an option to Reboot and Install
- That’s all !!! this is How you can successfully Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo officially
Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo Custom rom on Redmi 4
- First of all Download Android 8.0 Oreo Custom rom for Redmi 4 from Here
- Now rename the file to Update.zip or Whatever you want but make sure that you remember the name of the rom.
- Now you have to transfer the rom in the root of sd card
- Now Reboot the rom in TWRP recovery mode
- After Booting in TWRP recovery mode you will see many options on the screen
- First of all Tap on Wipe
- Now Tap on Wipe Data / Factory reset
- Now tap on Wipe Dalvik cache
- Now tap on Wipe Cache Partition
- Now tap on Install
- Now choose the rom which you placed in the root of sd card earlier
- Now Wait for the installation to get completed
- Now you will Reboot option on the screen
- Just tap on Reboot.
- That’s all !!! You have successfully Install Android 8.0 Oreo custom rom on Xiaomi redmi 4
So this was our guide on How to Update Redmi 4 to Android 8.0 oreo, I hope this guide helped you in Updating your smartphone and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.