Update Xperia Sp to Android Nougat 7.0 CM14 .
Do you want to update Xperia Sp to android nougat ? And want to install Cm14 rom in Xperia Sp ? If yes then you are at right place . Today we are here with the guide on How to Update Sony Xperia Sp to Nougat .
Sony Xperia is entry level device with 4.6″ Screen and a snapdragon dual core s4 pro processor, The device was launched in 2012 and since then it is running on Android 4.3 jellybean which is a very old android version. but today we are here with the Cm14 for Sony xperia sp . So after installing the rom you will be able to update your device to Android 7.0 .
Android 7.0 Nougat is the latest android version and it comes with many new features and upgrades . The best feature of Android 7.0 nougat is the multiwindow feature which lets user to open another app remaining in the current app making multitasking easy and the second best feature is System Ui tuner which lets user customize the Drop down menu and Quick settings . So lets start the guide on How to Update Sony Xperia Sp to android 7.0 Nougat .
Download And install Nougat 7.0 CM14 Rom for Xperia Sp .
As the smartphone is a entry level device and comes with a average hardware so there will be no official nougat update for the device . However still you can update your device to Android 7.0 by simply installing Cm14 for Xperia Sp .
Cm14 is a custom rom and it is also known as Cyanogenmod . The rom is based on latest android version 7.0 , Being a custom rom it comes with many features like :-
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat .
- Cyanogenmod 14 Themes .
- New Nougat 7.0 wallpapers and ringtones .
- Multi window support
- Multitasking manager
- Ram management
- System ui tuner .
- Battery saving profiles .
- The rom is smooth .
The CM14 rom for Xperia sp not only comes with all features of android 7.0 nougat but you also get additional features of a custom rom . The best thing about Cyanogenmod 14 custom rom for Xperia sp is that this is a official build of rom from the CM rom developers itself, You need not to worry about Bugs or any other issue in this rom . However below is a quick list of the things which are working fine in the rom :-
- Sim card works
- All apps
- Everything works .
As mentioned earlier that this is a official Cm build from the rom developers so you need not to worry about any bugs in the rom and if there is any you will get it solved in future updates, However the rom works very well in daily usage and it is stable .
As this is a custom rom so there are some prerequisites and points you have to remember before you install cm14 on Xperia sp . It is necessary that you follow each and every step carefully :-
- This custom rom is only for Xperia Sp and dont try to flash it on any other device .
- CWM or TWRP recovery is required to install Cyanogenmod 14 rom in Xperia sp .
- Minimum 65% of battery is required to flash the rom in the device .
- Make sure you have made a backup of all files and folders in the device .
- It is recomended that you download the update in your pc .
- A usb cable is also required to transfer the rom in your device .
How to Update Xperia Sp to Nougat 7.0 .
- First of all Download Official CM14 for Xperia Sp .
- DOWNLOAD GAPPS 7.0 FOR CM14 ROM.
- As mentioned earlier that download the rom in your pc .
- After Downloading connect your device to computer using a usb cable .
- Now copy the CM14 rom and paste it in the root of sd card .
- Now rename the file to Update.zip or whatever you want but make sure that you remember the name of it .
- Now disconnect your device from pc .
- Now you have to boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode .
- To Boot in recovery mode press volume down and power button together .
- Dont release the keys untill the smartphone enters in recovery mode .
- Now after entering in recovery mode you will see many options :-
- First of all tap on Wipe .
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- Wipe Cache partition
- Wipe Data / Factory reset .
- Now tap on backup and make a backup of all files and current installed os .
- Now tap on Install .
- Now choose the Update.zip file .
- Now tap on ” Yes install ” .
- As soon as you confirm the installation, flashing of the rom will start .
- After around 5 minutes you will get a confirmation ” CM14 successfully installed on device “
- Thats all !!! You have successfully updated Xperia sp to android nougat .
To check if your device is updated to nougat or not you can simply go to Settings > About Phone > Android version . You will see that it is 7.0 which means you have successfully installed cm14 in Xperia sp .
So this was our guide on How to update sony xperia Sp to android nougat, I hope you liked CM14 rom for Xperia Sp .