Username and profile picture missing on Lock Screen on Mac: If you are a Mac user, you might have noticed that the username and profile picture are missing on the Lock Screen. This is a minor bug that can be fixed with a few simple steps. In this blog post, we will show you how to fix the username and profile picture missing on Lock Screen on Mac.
Symptoms of Username and profile picture missing on Lock Screen on Mac
If you’ve recently updated your Mac to macOS Ventura and find that the user icon and name are missing from the lock screen, don’t worry – it’s not just you. This is a known bug that Apple is currently working to fix in a future software update. In the meantime, there are a couple of workaround methods that you can try to get your username and profile picture back on the lock screen.
Here are the symptoms you may experience if you’re affected by this bug:
-Your user icon and name are missing from the lock screen
-The same user icon and name are also missing from the login window
-Your user icon is still visible in the top-right corner of the menu bar, but your name is not
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, follow the steps below to try and fix the issue.
Related : Fix: Schedule Shutdown missing in macOS Ventura
If you’ve noticed that your username and profile picture are missing from the Lock Screen on your Mac, there’s a simple fix. All you need to do is add a Picture password.
1. Open System Preferences and click on Users & Groups.
2. Click on the lock icon in the bottom left corner to unlock the preference pane.
3. Enter your administrator password when prompted.
4. Click on the Picture tab at the top of the window.
5. Select a picture file from your computer that you would like to use as your password picture.
6. Enter a hint for the picture in the Hint field below. This will be displayed if you forget your password and need help remembering it.
7. Close System Preferences and lock your Mac by pressing Control + Shift + Eject or Command + Option + Power button at the same time.
Above Method Not working?
No Issues, you can follow the simple steps given below and We are 100% sure that you will be able to fix Username and profile picture missing on Lock Screen on Mac .
Editors Choice ✅
- First of all Click on the Apple Logo Situated on the top left.
- Now Click on system settings.
- Now Click on Lock screen option visible on the Left side and toggle ” Login window shows” to Enabled to Username and Password.
- Thats All ! Now just Restart your mac and you will see that the Username and password screen which was missing has came back.
If you’ve been finding that your username and profile picture are missing from your Lock Screen on Mac, don’t worry – it’s a relatively easy problem to fix. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article and you should be up and running again in no time. And if you ever have any other issues with your Mac, be sure to check out our other articles for helpful tips and tricks.