Install LineageOS 19 [Android 12] on OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro: LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shuttering the infrastructure behind the project.
Since then, LineageOS development has continued largely unabated, with official support for dozens of devices and tens of millions of users. In this blog post, we will show you how to install LineageOS 19 [Android 12] on OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro. This build of LineageOS is an official release and has been verified by the developers to be free of any major bugs or security concerns.
However, as with all custom ROMs, there are always risks involved in flashing a new ROM to your device. Make sure to backup your data before proceeding, and follow the instructions carefully.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android (8.1 Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
OnePlus devices are very popular in the Android development community because of their openness to custom ROMs and mods. LineageOS is one of the most popular custom ROMs available for OnePlus devices and has been ported to a wide range of devices.
If you’re looking for a more stable and feature-rich experience on your OnePlus device, then LineageOS is definitely worth checking out!
What are the features of LineageOS 19?
LineageOS 19 is the latest version of LineageOS, which is based on Android 10. It was released on September 3, 2020.
Some of the new features in LineageOS 19 include:
– A new dark mode that can be enabled from the Quick Settings panel
– An improved Do Not Disturb mode that silences all notifications by default
– A redesigned Settings app with a refreshed interface and new categories
– A new Gestures section in the Settings app where you can customize gestures for various actions
– Improved support for Bluetooth audio codecs, including aptX and LDAC
– New wallpaper picker with support for third-party wallpapers apps
– Updated UI elements and icons throughout the system
How to install LineageOS 19 on OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro
Assuming you have already unlocked the bootloader and have a custom recovery installed, you can follow these steps to install LineageOS 19 on your OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro.
1) Download the LineageOS ZIP file for your device from here.
2) Boot into recovery mode (usually by holding Power+Volume Up while turning on the device).
3) In recovery, select the “Install” option and navigate to the location of the LineageOS ZIP file you downloaded. Select it and swipe to confirm the installation.
4) Once the installation is finished, select “Reboot” to boot into your new LineageOS system.
Above Method Not working?
No Issues, you can follow the simple steps given below and We are 100% sure that you will be able to install lineage os:
Editors Choice ✅
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
The first step to installing LineageOS on your OnePlus device is to install the Android SDK. You can do this by downloading the Android SDK Platform-Tools package from the Android Developer site or Our Full Detailed Guide Here.
Once you have downloaded the platform-tools package, extract it to a convenient location on your computer. Then open a terminal window and change the directory (cd) to the location where you extracted the platform-tools package.
Now that you have the Android SDK installed and set up, you can proceed to the next step of installing LineageOS on your OnePlus device.
STEP 2: Download LineageOS 19 ROM
Assuming you’ve already completed Step 1, you’re now ready to download the LineageOS 19 ROM for your OnePlus device. To do so, simply head to the official LineageOS website and select the “Downloads” section. From there, scroll down until you find your device listed under the “Supported Devices” section.
Once you’ve found your device, click on the corresponding link to download the ROM file. Be sure to download the latest version of the ROM; at the time of writing, the latest version is LineageOS 19.0-20200211-2317-UNOFFICIAL. Once the download is complete, transfer the ZIP file to your phone’s internal storage.
And that’s it! You should now have everything you need to install LineageOS on your OnePlus device. In the next section, we’ll go over how to actually install the ROM onto your phone.
OnePlus 7: ROM + RECOVERY OnePlus 7 Pro: ROM + RECOVERY OnePlus 7T: ROM + RECOVERY OnePlus 7T Pro: ROM + RECOVERY .............................. GApps: Download Link
STEP 3: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Assuming you have all the necessary drivers installed, go to your device’s Settings, then select System.
Scroll down to the bottom and select About phone. Tap on the Build number seven times.
You should see a message that says “You are now a developer!”.
Now go back to the main Settings page, and scroll down to the bottom again.
This time, select Developer options. Scroll down until you see Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging, and check both of those boxes.
STEP 4: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Series
OnePlus 7 Series devices come with a locked bootloader. This means that the device’s boot partition is encrypted and the phone cannot be booted without unlocking the bootloader first.
Unlocking the bootloader of a OnePlus 7 Series device will void its warranty. However, you can always relock the bootloader if you want to restore your warranty.
Before you unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 7 Series device, make sure to back up your data. Unlocking the bootloader will erase all data on your device, so it is important to have a backup before proceeding.
To unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 7 Series device, follow these steps:
1. Enable developer options on your device by going to Settings > About phone and tapping on the Build number seven times.
2. Go to Settings > Developer options and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
3. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and navigate to the platform-tools folder.
5. Enter the following command into the command prompt or terminal window: fastboot oem unlock
6. Your device will now reboot into recovery mode and begin wiping all data on your device. Once this process is complete, your device will reboot back into Android with an unlocked bootloader.”
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
If your device is unencrypted, you will need to boot to Fastboot Mode in order to continue. To do this, power off your device completely, then press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons simultaneously until you see the Fastboot Mode screen.
Once you’re in Fastboot Mode, use the volume buttons to highlight “Recovery Mode”, then press the “Power” button to select it.
Your device will now boot into the custom recovery mode. From here, select the “Install” option, then navigate to and select the LineageOS ZIP file that you transferred earlier. Finally, swipe the slider at the bottom of the screen to confirm the installation and wait for it to complete.
Alternatively you can also Give the below given command to Boot your Oneplus 7 Pro Etc to Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
STEP 7: Install LineageOS Recovery on OnePlus 7/Pro/7T/7T Pro
Assuming you’ve already unlocked the bootloader on your OnePlus device, the next step is to install LineageOS Recovery. Recovery is a critical part of the Android operating system, and provides many features that are not available through the standard Android interface.
There are two main ways to install LineageOS Recovery: using ADB, or by manually downloading and flashing the recovery image. We’ll cover both methods here.
1. Download the latest LineageOS Recovery image for your device from HERE.
2. Place the recovery image in your ADB directory (usually /platform-tools).
3. Boot your device into fastboot mode by holding down the Power + Volume Up buttons while turning on the device.
4. Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
5. Open a command prompt/terminal on your computer and change directories to your ADB directory (e.g., “cd platform-tools”).
6. Enter the following command: “fastboot flash recovery “. For example, if you’re using a LineageOS 14.1 image for the OnePlus 3/3T, you would enter “fastboot flash recovery lineage-14..1-20160722-nightly-oneplus3t..zip”.
7. Once the recovery image has been flashed, enter “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device into LineageOS Recovery mode.
8. Use the volume buttons to navigate, and the power button to select.
9. Use the “wipe data/factory reset” option to erase your device’s data.
10. Use the “reboot system now” option to reboot your device into LineageOS.
Manual Flashing Method
1. Download the latest LineageOS Recovery image for your device from HERE.
2. Boot your device into fastboot mode by holding down the Power + Volume Up buttons while turning on the device.
3. Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
4. Copy the recovery image to your device’s storage (e.g., using MTP).
5. Use the volume buttons to navigate, and the power button to select. Select the “Apply update from storage” option and choose the recovery image you copied earlier (e.g., lineage-14..1-20160722-nightly-oneplus7t..zip). The installation process will start automatically and should only take a few seconds to complete.
6. Once the installation is finished, select the “reboot system now” option to reboot your device into LineageOS Recovery mode.
Above Method Not working?
No Issues, you can follow the simple steps given below and We are 100% sure that you will be able to Install Lineage Os on your Oneplus 7 Series:
Editors Choice ✅
- First of all, Execute the commands given below, Just make sure that you cross-check your device’s name before hitting enter.
- One Wrong Action can brick your android Phone
OnPlus 7/7 Pro: fastboot flash boot recovery.img OnPlus 7T/7T Pro: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- As soon as your one plus has entered Recovery mode, Your touch will stop working
- So use the keys to Get your phone to Recovery option.
- Now your Device will boot into Recovery mode.
- Now Make a factory reset of your Device, This is recommended for the smooth installation of new os.
- Now choose Update from ADB
- As soon as the ADB screen opens just execute the command given below:
adb sideload rom.zip
- That’s All ! the Installation Will take around 5 minutes to fully complete!
STEP 8: Install LineageOS 19 on OnePlus 7/Pro/7T/7T Pro
LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the popular CyanogenMod custom ROM.
OnePlus is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer founded in December 2013. The company’s first product was the OnePlus One, which was released in April 2014.
The OnePlus 7/Pro/7T/7T Pro are all compatible with LineageOS 19, which is based on Android 10. To install LineageOS 19 on your OnePlus device, follow these steps:
1. Download the LineageOS 19 ZIP file from here.
2. Copy the ZIP file to your phone’s internal storage or SD card.
3. Boot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, power off your device then hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery menu.
4. In recovery mode, select “Install”, then choose the ZIP file you copied earlier. Swipe right to confirm installation and wait for it to complete.
5. Once installation is finished, select “Reboot” from the recovery menu and your device will boot into LineageOS 19!
STEP 9: Install GApps on OnePlus 7/Pro/7T/7T Pro
If you want to install GApps on your OnePlus 7/Pro/7T/7T Pro, you’ll need to download the appropriate ZIP file for your device. You can find the latest versions of GApps on the Open GApps website.
Once you’ve downloaded the ZIP file, you’ll need to transfer it to your device. The easiest way to do this is by using a USB cable and connecting your device to your computer. Once it’s connected, simply drag and drop the ZIP file onto your device.
Once the file has been transferred, you’ll need to boot into recovery mode. To do this, power off your device completely, then press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. After a few seconds, you should see the recovery menu appear.
From here, use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Install” option, then select the ZIP file you transferred earlier. Finally, just follow the prompts to install GApps on your device.
1. How do I install LineageOS on my OnePlus device?
To install LineageOS on your OnePlus device, you will need to first unlock the bootloader of your device. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can then proceed to flash the LineageOS image file to your device. For detailed instructions on how to unlock the bootloader and flash LineageOS, please refer to our comprehensive guide here.
2. What are the benefits of installing LineageOS on my OnePlus device?
There are many benefits of installing LineageOS on your OnePlus device. For starters, LineageOS is a very lightweight and customizable Android operating system. Additionally, LineageOS offers a wide range of features and improvements over the stock Android software that comes installed on most devices. Finally, by installing LineageOS, you will void your warranty from OnePlus. However, you can always reinstall the stock firmware if you ever need to claim warranty service from OnePlus.
3. Are there any risks involved in installing LineageOS on my OnePlus device?
As with any software modification, there are always risks involved in flashing custom images to your device. However, as long as you follow the instructions carefully and backup your data beforehand, the risks should be minimal. Additionally, it is always recommended that you flashed official builds of LineageOS from trusted sources only.