How to Update Xiaomi Mi 4i to Android 8.0 oreo
So do you want to know how to update xiaomi Mi 4i to android 8.0 oreo? If yes then you are at right place. Today we are here with the guide on How to Install Android 8.0 oreo in Xiaomi Mi 4i. Xiaomi Mi 4i is a successor of Mi 4 and it comes with some extra features but being an old device it still runs on outdated android 5.0.2 lollipop.
The Xiaomi Mi4i comes with a 5inch screen which has a resolution of 1080X1920 and comes with a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch.The smartphone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-core processor coupled with 2Gb of ram. The Mi4i comes with a 13Mp primary camera and a 5mp secondary camera is placed at the front end. As mentioned earlier that the smartphone runs on Android Lollipop but in this guide, we will show you How to Update Mi 4i to android 8.0 Oreo.
Upgrade Mi 4i to Android 8.0 Oreo
So the device was launched in 2015 and since then no further update was pushed to the device. The Smartphone can be updated to Miui 9 but again then it is based on Android Lollipop. So in this guide, we will show you How to Update Mi 4i to android oreo 8.0.
Before you start the updating procedure there are some points and pre-requirements you have to follow .
Pre-requirements before you Update Mi 4i to android 8.0 Oreo
- To Update the smartphone we will use a Rom and the rom is for Mi 4i so don’t flash it on any other device as it may brick your smartphone.
- Minimum 65% battery in required to Update the smartphone so that it doesn’t gets turned off
- Make sure there is minimum 4Gb space available in the internal memory.
- TWRP recovery is required to flash the rom on your smartphone, Here is the Guide on How to Install TWRP recovery on Any Android smartphone
Download Android 8.0 rom for Xiaomi Mi 4i
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo rom in Mi4i
- So first of all Download the Lineage os 15 rom for Mi 4i
- Now Move the rom to the root of the Sdcard
- Now rename the file to update.zip or whatever you prefer
- Now you have to Turn off your smartphone completely
- Now you have to boot your smartphone in recovery mode
- After entering in recovery mode you will see many different options on the screen
- First of all tap on Wipe > Wipe Dalvik cache > Wipe Cache Partition > Wipe Data factory reset
- Now tap on Install and choose the rom you downloaded in the first step
- Now swipe to confirm the installation
- The installation procedure will take around 5-7 minutes to complete
- Now tap on Reboot
- Thats all !! You have successfully Updated Mi 4i to android 8.0 Oreo
So this was our guide on How to Update Xiaomi Mi 4i to Android 8.0 Oreo, I hope this guide helped you in getting the latest os on your smartphone and if you have any doubt you can comment down below in the comments section.